or Connect

Posts by macslut

This makes a lot of sense.  I just received a link today from Maps on an iPhone and opened it in Safari on my Mac.  It was weird to be redirected to Google Maps.  It seems like most of the work is already done and just a web front end needs to be slapped on.
All joking aside,   This is really weird on many levels and I serious question the reporting by Paul Thurrott on this.   1) Tablets are still banned from use during take-off and landing, unless an airline has specifically gone through a very long and rigorous testing procedure with each model of aircraft it intends to use the tablet with.  iPads have spent many months doing this for various aircraft.   2) There's hardly any relevant software for pilots to use on the...
Some of you young kids here may not remember, but there was a time when Microsoft was a marketing monster.  I mean they'd do crazy stuff like spend billions of dollars marketing a product ('Kin) that would be the greatest consumer product in history (as measured by dollars lost per units purchased).   Now though it's sad.  It's like they've given up.  I mean, I've got pocket change that would pay for the numbers of people willing to downgrade their iOS devices to Windows...
 It wasn't my question.  I was answering the question, and you just repeated me.  It does post-process to the extent that it saves an image out as a JPEG to a Micro-SD card in the camera and can send that image to the iPhone via the Sony app.  It's a camera in every way except that it doesn't have a viewfinder or screen.  You can take it shoot pictures filling up the Micro-SD card and then import pictures into your Mac or PC just like any other camera without even using a...
  Nope, it's just a stand alone.  While it attaches to a camera, it doesn't function as just a lens, as in, it doesn't pass light through it and on to the iPhone's sensor.   That's not to knock the product, but it's an important point. 
  It's WiFi-Direct, and doesn't need to be attached.  Many cameras are coming out now with WiFi-Direct, and you can even get WiFi-Direct attachments.  I have one for my Canon 5D and 7D, and it works pretty well.  See http://www.cameramator.com
While at first this seems interesting, there are a lot of problems.   1) Awkward size issue: The iPhone fits in your pocket and you take it everywhere, but the lens doesn't fit so easily in your pocket.  Once you put it in a protective cover, you're not saving that much space from a normal compact P&S camera.  Realistically, if I had one of these lenses, I wouldn't have it any more with me than I do now with my compact P&S.   2) Won't likely work with many...
Who do you think does the recommending?It's people who do care about their operating system.
  I've been working as a content provider or developer since 1995.  In every company I've worked at, these numbers, specifically from IDC or similar reporting companies, have always come up and been used in debates based on what platforms we should support, be it computers, phones, cable systems, networks, etc...   Currently, I'm in a content provider position making decisions on what platforms to support for a Fortune 100 company, although we also develop some apps, the...
  IDC releases multiple sets of numbers.  One is platform market share and another is by hardware.  Both are relevant to different sets of people.  Taking a look at these numbers, we see that Android OS grew faster during the period than iOS for smartphones, and while still in the distance, Windows Phone also grew faster than iOS for smartphones.   If you're a developer or content provider, these numbers will impact decisions you might be making in regards to what...