or Connect

Posts by macslut

Nope, it's just a stand alone.  While it attaches to a camera, it doesn't function as just a lens, as in, it doesn't pass light through it and on to the iPhone's sensor.   That's not to knock the product, but it's an important point. 
  It's WiFi-Direct, and doesn't need to be attached.  Many cameras are coming out now with WiFi-Direct, and you can even get WiFi-Direct attachments.  I have one for my Canon 5D and 7D, and it works pretty well.  See http://www.cameramator.com
While at first this seems interesting, there are a lot of problems.   1) Awkward size issue: The iPhone fits in your pocket and you take it everywhere, but the lens doesn't fit so easily in your pocket.  Once you put it in a protective cover, you're not saving that much space from a normal compact P&S camera.  Realistically, if I had one of these lenses, I wouldn't have it any more with me than I do now with my compact P&S.   2) Won't likely work with many...
Who do you think does the recommending?It's people who do care about their operating system.
  I've been working as a content provider or developer since 1995.  In every company I've worked at, these numbers, specifically from IDC or similar reporting companies, have always come up and been used in debates based on what platforms we should support, be it computers, phones, cable systems, networks, etc...   Currently, I'm in a content provider position making decisions on what platforms to support for a Fortune 100 company, although we also develop some apps, the...
  IDC releases multiple sets of numbers.  One is platform market share and another is by hardware.  Both are relevant to different sets of people.  Taking a look at these numbers, we see that Android OS grew faster during the period than iOS for smartphones, and while still in the distance, Windows Phone also grew faster than iOS for smartphones.   If you're a developer or content provider, these numbers will impact decisions you might be making in regards to what...
I hope they include those stations, but more so that they convince them to upgrade the bitrates and switch to AAC/HE-AAC. There's no excuse for these low quality streams anymore.
  I agree with Scott R on this.  In my house, portable devices use WiFi and stationary devices use Ethernet.  I have a very large house with tons of electronics in every room.  If everything used WiFi, that would be a problem, not to mention it's easier sometimes to plug in Ethernet than it is to get a reliable WiFi signal to parts of the house.  All of this depends on the house though.  Our house has multiple Cat 6 cables into every room, and it has radiant heating in...
I used FileMaker way back in the early 90s.  Since then, I've gone back to it from time to time, but haven't touched it in a few years.   It's a shame because there is a need for a simple database app on both OS X and iOS.   What I don't understand is why can't Apple bring FileMaker back in house and reboot it as follows:   Make it MySQL based.  Allow it to either run locally for personal database usage, or connected to a hosted MySQL database.  Allow...
  True, and a valid point.    However, something to think about with the Apple TV... It does allow an ethernet connection and does allow for a few GBs of buffering.  Both of these could help improve the experience.  The Apple TV has 8GB of flash, although a little of it is used by iOS and the apps.  Still, it can easily download a full HD 1080p movie over a connection that it wouldn't otherwise be able to do real-time.  I've been in situations where the connection was...