or Connect

Posts by macslut

That's really cool, I wasn't aware that people were actually going to be making use of the extra pins.
I love the MagSafe, and with regards to that, if anything, they should make the brick itself a standard spec...but that's a bit difficult because a large screen notebook is going to need a hell of a lot more power than a netbook....so maybe it's a set of standards with the ability to use a custom cable.Back to the Micro USB...as far as video...or for that matter anything else, there's two options, one would be to make a proprietary or open enhanced port. A standard Micro...
This presents a rather weird situation. Some history on the 30-pin iPod connector: This connector happened rather by accident. The original iPod was FireWire based as USB was mostly 1.1 at the time (and on the Macs, only 1.1). While USB 1.1 could charge the iPod, syncing was much slower (painfully slow...I used to have a 20GB MP3 player with USB 1.1 before the iPod came out). When Apple wanted to make a Windows compatible version of the iPod, they needed to use...
They don't sell low margin computers because they're a premium brand and aren't positioned to make money on the low end. GSM and CDMA don't represent low or high end. Ok, so there's no money in it you say "relatively speaking", so if 10% of the CDMA market represents roughly $4 billion in profit, and that's not good enough, then why does Apple bother with other products that represent much lower profit potential? And thinking 10% CDMA market share may be too high, bring...
You might want to look at that math again...that's $4billion if only a little over 10% of CDMA subscribers buy an iPhone. Now that 10% might be too high, but whatever you want to come down from that, the profit is still going to be significant. There are over 87 million CDMA subscriber on Verizon alone. And of course to repeat: this isn't to suggest Apple should do this, but rather they have other reasons regarding the relationship with AT&T for not doing this.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here in terms of "making up the rules". There are no rules at all, let alone any that I made up or changed along the way.I'll continue to put this in every post because you seem to not get this...I'm not now, or ever have suggested that Apple should produce a CDMA iPhone, but rather their reasons for not doing so have to do with their relationship/contract with AT&T. So to your point here...I'm not saying I know more than them...
It's not being hypocritical to point out that you're acting like a jerk when you're hurling unwarranted insults.There you go again....anyway, it doesn't matter if CDMA and Verizon represent .0000001% of the global market. It has nothing to do with whether or not Apple could develop CDMA for a cost that would yield a profit. As cameronj points out, roughly $4 Billion could be made...of course you'd have to minus out the amount for developing, the CDMA iPhone as well as...
No, I guess not, if you want to be a jerk and hurl personal insults instead of simply correcting misinformation.I wasn't talking necessarily about adding. As the iPhone would be sold through Verizon, or to Verizon customers like Apple does for AT&T, it could be done the same way RIM and others do this...separate phones for different carriers. CDMA is just as dead as GSM in the US. It's worth noting that in the US Apple is selling the iPhone for a network with around 78...
White is actually a very difficult thing to achieve. Take a white sheet of paper and hold it up to different things you think are white...do this indoors and outdoors and you'll see there's a whole lot of different white. When you go to white balance, you can adjust warmer (brown) or cooler (blue). Some people have a preference for one side or the other. For me, the preference is to be slightly cooler (blue). So when I upgraded from the original iPhone to the iPhone...
Wow, intense much? You're right. I had read the whitepaper PDF and other documents on the Infineon chipset and believed it supported CDMA. It doesn't, it supports WCDMA...not the same thing. I'm sorry if this makes me delusional and idiotic, but at least I'm not alone. Still, my point still stands, the direct cost of supporting CDMA isn't the real issue when you compare it to how many more iPhones they could sell with Verizon. It's the other issues involved that have...