or Connect

Posts by macslut

That's somewhat misleading. I was an existing AT&T customer, but my bill more than doubled when I got the iPhone because I added services (like data and SMS) to my account. Also, it doesn't take retention into account. There's no way I'd still be an AT&T customer today if it wasn't for the iPhone. Still 40% is a pretty high number in of itself.
My music collection is roughly 500GB. At some point I'll re-rip as lossless. In addition I have tons of videos. If Apple made an iPod/iPhone measured in Terabytes, I would fill it up. Some day, it will happen. But for now, the capacity limit changes my behavior. For a lot of people, the existing line-ups fit within their media collections. For many people they're coming close. For those of us where we have to change our behavior, the difference in capacity...
The 4 apps are light-weight because they're very efficient, and lack some features of Entourage. If Apple were to combine these into one app, they'd be more efficient than running the 4 separate apps. The only reason you wouldn't want these to be one app is if you weren't going to be using some of them. If Apple were to consolidate the apps into one, I'd consider using it, but for now, I prefer Entourage, and I'm looking forward to Outlook.
"The software allows users to see nearby registered offenders based on the phone's current location or by manually entering an address. The program then pulled up a map with pinpoints for each nearby offender. The locations were each selectable, giving users access to the person's picture, a physical description, and information on what crime they were convicted of." Close, but there's a very subtle and significant difference. The map doesn't show pinpoint for each...
The issue isn't charging for access, it's that they're re-purposing the data. Take a look at my previous post. The official site and original source database doesn't incorrectly show my house. This app is messed up as it takes the data and re-purposes it by mapping it on to another service (Bing) which in the process does incorrectly label my house. The database was never intended to be used like this, and it's totally irresponsible for the app developer to have done...
I'm personally VERY relieved that this app was banned. It saves me from having to file a lawsuit. It's not the profiting of the database that I care about, it's the re-purposing of the database that's a very serious issue. Here's the problem and why it directly affected me... I got this app and tested it in the area where I lived. Imagine my surprise when MY HOUSE showed up on the map! The problem is that I live at X Streetname, Cityname, California. The sex...
I don't even know where to begin with this. Let me start here: "the lag on even a 3G network is high enough that holding a regular conversation isn't really feasible, for example." No, that's totally wrong. I jailbroke my iPhone and not only does Skype work well on 3G, but it works well on Edge. I was on my boat doing an Edge connection doing a conference call via Skype and had a great connection for about 2 hours. I know people in the city who swear they can't...
God I wish Microsoft would just stop.
That's really cool, I wasn't aware that people were actually going to be making use of the extra pins.
I love the MagSafe, and with regards to that, if anything, they should make the brick itself a standard spec...but that's a bit difficult because a large screen notebook is going to need a hell of a lot more power than a netbook....so maybe it's a set of standards with the ability to use a custom cable.Back to the Micro USB...as far as video...or for that matter anything else, there's two options, one would be to make a proprietary or open enhanced port. A standard Micro...