or Connect

Posts by geekdad

I think you missed my point...It was YOUR quote about the start up and it being shameful for Apple to not fix this bug TWICE...That was not my quote. In one post you said it was shameful for Apple to have not fixed this by now...then 2 posts down you insinutaed that people pick on Apple becuase they are successful.......you can't have it both ways...you said to different things in 2 diferent posts....that was my point but no worries......it is a great new year!
Maybe the alarms didn't work because you were holding it wrong for them to work......... My wife's alarm did not work on her iPhone and she was late for work....not a big deal all things considered. But I had to rub it in that my alarm on my EVO worked perfectly. Apple does get a little smug sometimes in the response to consumer complaints....
Well which is is??? disparaging the successful or what you said earlier?Quote:"This is pretty shameful as it’s a dumb bug to repeatedly have crop up now. It’s not like they are a startup.What does this really take from Apple to detect ahead of time? One iOS developer spending an hour setting the clock ahead to these milestone dates to see if the alarms go off as they should?" End quoteYou seem to say two different things......If this were an Android issue you all would be...
I think you are being to unrealistic.... Apple is a multi BILLION dollar company. They have a staff of people to make sure this doesn't happen. Just because they(posters listed above) pointed out that this was wrong doesn't mean they have to have a better answer. Apple and all major digital retailers have staff with MBA's and a team of lawyers to make sure this does not happen. If the allegations are true then Apple is at fault here.
Thanks Neil..... I would love to attend the MacTech Boot Camp! But unless we can incorporate identity management or access managent of some kind then work won;t pay for it or allow me to attend. One of the issues we have at my place of work is the security of Apple's mobile devices in a Windows environment. Also the provisioning/deprovisioning of the hardware.
Exactly me as well. We just came from the Gartner IAM Summit in San Diego this week. I have been to probably 20 "boot camp" type gatherings over the years. But if I saw one the said "WindowsTech Office Boot Camp" I would assume it was about MS Office. Right or wrong I think most people would make that connection. Now I am not complaining here and not trying to start a long thread and get into a forum war which usually happens here. i am just stated the obvious. Boot Camp...
Oh and BTW i visited your website and was impressed enough to subscribe to your magazine. But when I attempted to follow the link to subscribe I received this error in Firefox: "This Connection is Untrusted You have asked Firefox to connect securely to store.mactech.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However,...
I would beg to differ with you Neil on that issue. Please open a poll here on AI. Gather what subscribers first thought of when they hear "Boot Camp" in the context of Apple products. The first thing to come to everyone's mind will be Boot Camp product to dual boot an Intel Mac with Windows or another OS. I have been to several "boot camp" type seminars. But if you go to a CISSP Boot Camp or a Redhat Linux Boot Camp it means something different compared to a Apple...
Has anyone seen this on Lifehacker????? You can boot Android on an iPhonehttp://lifehacker.com/5693309/how-to...yline=true&s=i
I am really interested in what the battery comparison is when Rim's final product is released. I never come close to running out of battery on my iPad either. If Rim can match or do better...they might have a very good product on their hands. Apple can withstand the competition.....it always drives their innovation!