or Connect

Posts by ChiA

You are not comprehending the situation in the UK and / or what is being written here.UK issued bank cards, i.e. VISA, MasterCard American Express, cards do not require a signature when used to pay at UK terminals, irrespective of amount paid or whether contactless or not.The card holder's PIN is used to verify when it is needed, i.e. Non-contactless cards, amounts higher than £30 on the contactless cards, the random check on a contactless card.I've outlined in a previous...
I don't get where you think Apple Pay or any other contactless payment in the UK requires a customer's signature in any situation.The only cards issued by UK banks which will require a signature are the Chip and sign cards specifically requested or issued to customers who have difficulty with PIN pads.They're so rare the general UK public aren't aware of their existence.Another possibility is where the chip in the chip and pin card has become unreadable and the terminal...
There are few things few people in the developed countries do that are physically demanding, hence the obesity crisis.The key learning point with Apple Pay for a retailer is that making it easier to pay means your customers are more likely to spend.I myself find I prefer shopping at the contactless retailers because it makes for a better shopping experience for me.Ease of payment can be the key differentiator in a competitive market where prices are the same and margins...
It is much faster and easier to pay using the Apple Watch than fumbling with wallet and card, especially when you're already carrying something in your hands.
Where have you had to wait 2-3 seconds before a contactless payment is approved?I've used a contactless card at numerous retailers and it's rare to experience more than even a second delay before a transaction is approved. I suspect issues with internet network bandwidth or terminal software on the occasions when there's been a noticeable pause before completion.My personal experience with the contactless on the London Underground has been touch and go, in that the gate...
 Very few of the big banks?!  The majority are supporting now with all but Barclays promising to support it "soon". I can't comprehend how Apple Pay makes things more complicated any more than a bank offering their debit/credit card in a contactless form.  I've had contactless cards for some years now; with the Apple Watch i just double tap the button then briefly place my wrist with the watch next to the reader, job done.  I've found it especially useful when already...
Why do you want to post responses to Appleinsider stories? That is the question, your question. There are plenty of other things you can do with your time.
I doubt Tim Cook takes these rumours and analyst "reports" any more seriously than sensible people do horroscopes.A couple of minutes of entertainment and chuckling at the nonsense of it all, then back to work with the serious business of running Apple.
It's a terrible indictment of the ability of manufacturers who make Android devices: these firms struggle to make money from an OS which they get for free whilst a company relatively new to the mobile market, a company which created and continues to refine its mobile device OS, walks off with the majority of the profit in the sector.
Ferdinand Foch, 1911