or Connect

Posts by ChiA

SIM Free 16GB 5c in the USA without sales tax: $549same phone in italy without sales tax: €629 - €115 tax                                                       = €514 = US $710 markup on 5c sold in Italy = 710-549 = 161 dollarspercentage markup on USA price = 161/549 x 100     = 29%
 It's interesting that you use the most expensive price of the Eurozone Apple online stores, the italian one at €579, and that price includes the italian sales tax of €107.  The other Eurozone Apple online stores are priced at €549 with the exception of France, €559 and Luxembourg, €521.  Each has varying levels of respective sales tax included in the price, from  88 to 110 euros. The iPhone 8GB 5c won't be 800 dollars in the USA as the USA won't be charging 107 euros of...
 Spare us. Comparing recent flagship models: Galaxy S3 - released May 2012, still awaiting official update to the current Android 4.4 KitKat. iPhone 4S - released Oct 2011, officially updatable to the current iOS 7.1 iPhone 5 - released Oct 2012, officially updatable to the current iOS 7.1.
 The greatest ironies about your posts and the Fire TV are:The Amazon UK website doesn't even mention the Fire TV, much less say if or when it will be available in the UK.  In contrast Amazon US have the Fire TV in stock and on sale.  Apple TV is on sale in the UK yet you say Apple is the one with the US centric view. the info about the Fire TV on Amazon's website states: 
 AutoCAD 360 for iPad by AutoDesk The iPad is much lighter than a Surface Pro to carry around when doing fieldwork, its battery probably lasts a lot longer too. Ultimate iPad Guide: Mobile CAD Authoring for Architects
These people are even cheaper than Google: https://hubic.com/en/offers/ €1 ($1.40) a month for 100 GB €10 a month for 10 TB compared to Google's $100 (€72) for the same capacity.
 It is just you.I've found several features which iOS 7 offer, the control centre, AirDrop, the new features with Safari and iCloud, the blocking of nuisance calls and messages, to be of immediate practical benefit for me over iOS 6. These features work reliably for me, my iPhone 5 works reliably, so, iOS 7 is a definite improvement over 6.
 I think you're mistaken with your cynicism; it's easier for Apple to behave like most Android handset manufacturers by not making any effort to supply system updates for current and older models.
A trip down memory lane to Dec 2008 yields:GS downgrades Apple, says new product at Macworld unlikely This analyst's 12 month target price?  $115Apple's actual price Dec 2009?  $195 Some analysis...
One of the reasons for hoarding old iPhones could be the relatively low prices offered by the "buyback" companies. The Apple approved reuse and recycling programme in the UK offers £27 for a pristine 32GB iPhone 3GS. It's a struggle to buy any new phone with the features of even the old 3GS for £27. Therefore if there's any chance of needing a spare handset, e.g. when travelling, it makes more sense to retain the iPhone than purchase a basic phone at a higher price.