or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Very few of the big banks?!  The majority are supporting now with all but Barclays promising to support it "soon". I can't comprehend how Apple Pay makes things more complicated any more than a bank offering their debit/credit card in a contactless form.  I've had contactless cards for some years now; with the Apple Watch i just double tap the button then briefly place my wrist with the watch next to the reader, job done.  I've found it especially useful when already...
Why do you want to post responses to Appleinsider stories? That is the question, your question. There are plenty of other things you can do with your time.
I doubt Tim Cook takes these rumours and analyst "reports" any more seriously than sensible people do horroscopes.A couple of minutes of entertainment and chuckling at the nonsense of it all, then back to work with the serious business of running Apple.
It's a terrible indictment of the ability of manufacturers who make Android devices: these firms struggle to make money from an OS which they get for free whilst a company relatively new to the mobile market, a company which created and continues to refine its mobile device OS, walks off with the majority of the profit in the sector.
Ferdinand Foch, 1911
Actually the contactless payment system uses the same EMV protocols and technology as Chip and Pin cards; there's merely a difference in how the payments are verified and/or authorised.Refer to EMVCo and the technical papers for further information.
 The thread is correct and you are mistaken, the US is moving to the same EMV system as is used elsewhere around the world; the US card issuers may be configuring the default settings to be Chip and sign instead of Chip and Pin.  The technical specification of EMV allows for a Chip and Sign option.  Even within the UK I have personally witnessed UK cards configured to ask for signature instead of PIN.  I believe the UK card issuers offer it as an option for the blind or...
I'm inclined to believe that Apple Pay may well be the killer app for the Apple Watch. From my personal experience it's so much easier to double tap the button on the watch and move watch face to the terminal than to even fumble around getting your wallet out of your pocket. There is the added advantage of avoiding "card clash" where there's more than one contactless card in your wallet or purse. I
  This is way way off topic especially when  Pay can be used with debit cards - no debt necessary. You're ignoring the reality that in the economically healthy countries across the world, most people are sensible and responsible in the amounts borrowed and loaned, the repayments are made without default. You do not take into account that people may be content with the value of the consumable at the time of purchase and the burden of the debt in acquiring them at that...
 Most annoyingly they have the appropriate terminals installed in many stores but are yet to activate it to accept contactless payments. From my experience today they'd be wise to offer contactless payments asap if they're not to lose custom to their competitors who do.