or Connect

Posts by ChiA

What is your definition of a netbook?I'm surprised nobody has asked you before.
With the release of these updated Airs I doubt Apple will release a Retina Air this year.   I feel there is little physical difference between the 13 inch Retina Macbook Pro and the 13 inch MacBook Air. The retina isn't tapered and a millimetre thicker than the Air's thickest point, 200g heavier (the weight of a large chocolate bar) and actually slightly narrower than the Air, yet it offers much more.   A retina Macbook Air this year will blur the lines too much...
So zunx, you've come back as AppeX. Finally take the blindfold off and see an iPod touch or iPhone, at 90 to 120g, together with Keynote and an AV cable, fit in your pocket and are great for presentations. Drawing this reply back to relevancy, so's a MacBook Air.
 Apple is selling better machines at a lower price to what it had offered in the UK, yet this is a ripoff? It does cost more to do business in the UK when you factor in: currency fluctuations, property prices, higher wage costs, much higher energy costs (electricity, fuel for heating, fuel for transport) , business rates and regulations, etc. It's undeniable that MacBook Airs are more affordable to the UK purchaser this week compared to last week.
The Onetouch Fierce 4G isn't a $40 phone, the cheapest new, unlocked price I could find on eBay was $75; the going rate is around $100. That's the point of the retina display, a screen with such a high resolution the viewer can't discern any pixels or associated jagged edges.If you're fine with looking at the pixellated jagged edges on the mediocre screen of a $40 Android phone, all well and good. For the record the Alcatel screen resolution is 960 by 540,less than the 960...
 You consider:the lower resolution of a physically larger screen on the $40 Android phone better than the retina display on a 5c? the $40 Android phone lacking  a flash, autofocus and even 3G cellular data to be better than the iPhone 5c with LTE data and an 8 MP autofocus camera with flash?Funnily enough I lost an iPhone 3GS in a field.  I found it after two days, two days of rain.It was lying face down partially submerged in mud, when I picked it up there was actually a...
No; just finished the update now via wifi on a 32GB iPhone 5. It was 18.8MB.
 SIM Free 16GB 5c in the USA without sales tax: $549same phone in italy without sales tax: €629 - €115 tax                                                       = €514 = US $710 markup on 5c sold in Italy = 710-549 = 161 dollarspercentage markup on USA price = 161/549 x 100     = 29%
 It's interesting that you use the most expensive price of the Eurozone Apple online stores, the italian one at €579, and that price includes the italian sales tax of €107.  The other Eurozone Apple online stores are priced at €549 with the exception of France, €559 and Luxembourg, €521.  Each has varying levels of respective sales tax included in the price, from  88 to 110 euros. The iPhone 8GB 5c won't be 800 dollars in the USA as the USA won't be charging 107 euros of...
 Spare us. Comparing recent flagship models: Galaxy S3 - released May 2012, still awaiting official update to the current Android 4.4 KitKat. iPhone 4S - released Oct 2011, officially updatable to the current iOS 7.1 iPhone 5 - released Oct 2012, officially updatable to the current iOS 7.1.