or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Whatever you or other people think, the fact is the major card organizations of the world have adopted it and view it as the way ahead.Worldwide EMV Deployment StatisticsBesides, like USB, SATA and Thunderbolt, it is a standard which has evolved over the years.
A subtlety in semantics I believe anantksundaram has astutely picked up on, from what I understand the merchants' terminals aren't checking how much money you've got in your account or available to spend, they're asking approval (or pre-approval) to withdraw a specific amount from the account.
This is incorrect, if you go through the EMV contactless Specifications, an authorisation (i.e. an approval for withdrawing a specified amount) can be carried out for a contactless card on a contactless touch.Personally I have noticed some contactless transactions at the same retailer take slightly longer than usual. These may be the instances where authorisation is requested or slow to return.
Sadly there is a lack of knowledge and lack of research demonstrated by contributors to this thread. The reality is that the major card organisations of the world, i.e. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and UnionPay are all using the SAME EMV specifications and protocols for their EMV cards, whether these cards are Chip and PIN, chip and signature or indeed Contactless. These six organisations have even set up an organisation, EMVCo, "to facilitate...
That's the unofficial way; if it's officially launched in the UK then people should be able to do it the proper way i.e. when device is set to the UK region.
Is there anybody with UK cards and settings actually able to set up Apple Pay on their devices? I've been checking since midnight UK time and have had no joy yet.
 There is some validity to the German comparison, West Germany received substantial financial aid despite Germany being the instigator of a conflict in which they slaughtered millions and left Europe in ruins.  A conflict which ironically has left its legacy on Greece and Europe to this very day. West Germany received that aid largely to reduce the influence of communism in Europe, were it not for the communist threat it's likely Germany would have been deindustrialized by...
Kesem, when you're in London are you able to use Apple Pay to make payments above the UK £20 contactless limit?
I'm going to stick my neck out and argue that video calling on the move, for whatever reason, just doesn't have a mass market appeal. Since the advent of 3G we've had devices which are more than capable of providing the video calls sci-fi of the past portrayed, yet even in a metropolis such as London it's rare to see someone making a video call on the move or even in public. There's no point going through a lot of effort and design compromise incorporating video calling...
 Fingers crossed, if you'll pardon the pun, we will see those new redesigned keyboards within third party apps very quickly thanks to the high iOS adoption rates, especially as iOS 9 will run on all hardware running iOS 8.