or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Most annoyingly they have the appropriate terminals installed in many stores but are yet to activate it to accept contactless payments. From my experience today they'd be wise to offer contactless payments asap if they're not to lose custom to their competitors who do.
I've spent the day shopping with  Pay and an  Watch. I've used it at Waitrose, LIDL, Asda, Tesco and paid for my London bus fare with the  Watch, all without a hitch and without delay at the terminal.   It is definitely faster and easier than fumbling into your pocket or handbag and then into your wallet or purse to find a card.   From my experience today  Pay may well be the killer app for the  Watch. It makes it a joy to pay!
 People are not compelled to take a credit card nor are they compelled in what they choose to buy with it.Let the debtor and the buyer beware!
Wow, I'm amazed people are switching banks just to use Apple Pay. If those banks in the "Coming Soon" category wish to keep their customers it appears soon needs to be very very soon indeed!
Are you serious?The national minimum wage in Greece is 684 euros a month, 20GB of iCloud storage is 1 euro a month, 200 GB is 4 euros a month, 0.6% percent of that minimum wage.I suspect a Greek needing even 200GB of iCloud storage has an income well above that minimum wage.
Hooray. Nationwide card active now on iPhone 5 and Apple Watch. No hiccups at all with activation from Passbook and Apple Pay section within Ape Watch app on iPhone. It must have been activated sometime between 6am and 8 am. Now to go and try to spend with the system!
Whatever you or other people think, the fact is the major card organizations of the world have adopted it and view it as the way ahead.Worldwide EMV Deployment StatisticsBesides, like USB, SATA and Thunderbolt, it is a standard which has evolved over the years.
A subtlety in semantics I believe anantksundaram has astutely picked up on, from what I understand the merchants' terminals aren't checking how much money you've got in your account or available to spend, they're asking approval (or pre-approval) to withdraw a specific amount from the account.
This is incorrect, if you go through the EMV contactless Specifications, an authorisation (i.e. an approval for withdrawing a specified amount) can be carried out for a contactless card on a contactless touch.Personally I have noticed some contactless transactions at the same retailer take slightly longer than usual. These may be the instances where authorisation is requested or slow to return.
Sadly there is a lack of knowledge and lack of research demonstrated by contributors to this thread. The reality is that the major card organisations of the world, i.e. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and UnionPay are all using the SAME EMV specifications and protocols for their EMV cards, whether these cards are Chip and PIN, chip and signature or indeed Contactless. These six organisations have even set up an organisation, EMVCo, "to facilitate...