or Connect

Posts by ChiA

You, cloud gazer, may be talking about software patents, but the Nortel patents are for technologies and techniques implemented by hardware. The patent dispute between Hoover and Dyson concerning who had valid patents for their vacuum cleaner technology is valid as a relevant example.
Being first to market doesn't protect you from being ripped off: read about the Dyson versus Hoover case, Mr. Dyson came up with and was first to market with the cyclonic vacuum cleaner only for the larger, older Hoover company to blatantly rip him off. It was patent law that stopped Hoover from getting away with it. James Dyson spent years fighting Hoover. Now he intends to clean up also Enforcing IP Rights
No more than I'm implying that the best computers for professional use are supercomputers and that a single unit Xserve or iMac are for those who have to settle for something else. A niche group built a supercomputer from Apple Xserves and Mac Pros; it doesn't mean that Apple should now focus on making their computers into supercomputing nodes. Equally a relatively small group need extremely colour accurate and calibrated monitors for their professional work. It doesn't...
It's kotatsu's favourite complaint, it's not the first thread he's made it in and it's not the first time he's received your appropriate explanation.
Oh for the love of God give it a break! Apple's focus is on selling computers, iPhones, iPads and iPods, not on creating the best uber display in the world for a few niche users. They've sold far more Macs with glossy displays in the past year than your niche of professional matte lovers bought ten years ago. Truth be told that the professional machines have been a small fraction of total Macs sold since 99. It was the original iconic iMac and iBook that helped to change...
I believe Apple launches its new Macs globally on the same day, this was true when I purchased my Aluminium Unibody Macbook in 2008 and to my belief has been the case since.
But they have put a date on it, July 2011, just it may not be to your desired level of precision. I'd rather they spent their time fixing any last minute bumps than they shovel out poor software to meet some arbitrary deadline. Besides, it's not as if Windows 8 is launching at the same time, or indeed, same year!
Your argument is flawed; the nuclear arsenals wouldn't be deterrents if both sides believed they would never be used. Each side had to demonstrate its military might and the willingness to fight should the other step out of line. Equally none of these companies would waste time and resources on patents if they were useless against others using their intellectual property.
You've only just noticed? The majority of zunx's posts are demands for Apple to either make a portable Mac in your pocket for or matte screens.
Really, cite ONE expert medical article that says that this is the expert medical opinion, observation and experience.