or Connect

Posts by ChiA

I found it ironic how he states Apple focuses more on "disposable" products than on Macs yet proclaims the lyrics to such a disposable and frivolous song.
Judging by the Regent Street store in London, it may simply be a way of freeing up staff to deal with as many people as possible. I booked a Genius Bar appointment for my Macbook last Tuesday, I wasn't seen for 40 minutes after my appointment time. The staff must feel besieged, the place was packed out at three in the afternoon! I really take my hat off to the staff's calmness, endurance and dedication in the face of such an onslaught of humanity! I've said it before...
It's ironic such a statement should come from someone with your signature
I think it's far easier for Apple to hire specific talents or areas than to purchase Sony. It has purchased specific companies with a specific group of people or applications, e.g. SoundJam to create iTunes, Emagic for Logic Pro, etc. Sony has such a diverse range of businesses that I think it'll be very costly for Apple in effort and money figuring what to do with each division (retain, close down or divest). Sony itself hasn't been sure what to do with itself in...
Do you? If so, please enlighten us all.
Speak for your small corner of Europe; it's not true for London and the UK. I suspect there are more people setting foot within the Apple Store Regent Street alone than in all the Sony Centres in London put together! People aren''t just looking, they're buying, so many visitors everywhere within the store! There's Apple everywhere, Apple ads on the TV, Apple kit discussed on TV, radio, the blogs, the press. Apple kit given away as prizes. I'm sorry, but Sony doesn't even...
iChat does video too. By the way, has anyone tried Mac to Mac Facetime?
Yea, a ten year old can put it together, but can they choose and select decent parts and put it together well? As for everything works 95% of the time, that's not been my experience putting my own systems together and not the experience of those on the Linux and Windows forums.
How much will it cost you to buy a PC system equivalent to your self-build off the shelf? Does your £1500 include the time spent researching and sourcing components, assembly, testing etc? Does your self-build come with a warranty or support should it not work?
For the record the Newton 2100 had a 100 dpi screen resolution, not as good as the original iPhone's 163 dpi. What I'm saying is that seven inches is an awkward size; it's too large to put in your pocket so will still need to be carried in a bag yet be less capable than a 9.7 inch device. What makes a successful device? It's not the one criterion but the combination of criteria which make for a successful device. Apple seems to have got the balance right judging from the...