or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Well, at least his position has moved from not considering an iPad as a computer, implied by his statement: to realising that an iPad mobile device is a computer that runs an OS that's not as powerful as OS X:  I have addressed the rest of his post and his other posts in general yet he's still hung up that I didn't mention SATA-3 storage in the rest of his sentence when I responded to his post. I don't believe he's sure of his own argument against an iPad not being a...
  It appears you have difficulty remembering what you post or perhaps what somebody else posts on your account.  It may be an idea to read what you've already posted before adding some new posts. I used PCI flash as an example of fast storage, it's unnecessary to list all types of fast storage when doing so doesn't add to the argument you're making, in the same way that listing many different brands of sports car doesn't add to the debate of whether a sports car is faster...
 You're really struggling, it's not relevant to the argument that I didn't quote the SATA-3, being slower than PCI flash storage, as being in one of your "real computers".You can't even help yourself so how can you help me? In any case, using SATA-3 with pure spinning disk hard drives is a waste as even enterprise disks have a peak transfer rate of about 200MB/s at best, consumer disks have a rate of 100 to 150 MB/s; SATA-2 maximum is around 300MB/s. As you're talking...
It's very much in context, the majority of desktop, laptop and tablet computers being manufactured today, do not use PCI Flash storage.Therefore either most of these devices aren't "real computers" or your concept of what makes a "real computer" is flawed.
So by this rationale no Windows PC or Apple Mac was a "real computer" until they shipped with PCI flash storage.Apple, Dell, HP etc. must all have been making toys before the advent of PCI flash storage.
I'm glad for the keyboard character case shifting, I've always felt that was a surprising omission by Apple. It was one advantage Android had over iOS. The introduction of the iCloud app seems to be Apple reverting to how cloud storage was handled with Mobile Me. It's amazing how many companies are offering storage.
A clever move by those behind Thunderbolt, making the USB versus Thunderbolt debate pointless. It will be a good way of simultaneously maintaining physical compatibility and differentiating high end machines: low end computers will ship with the slower ports or even legacy USB 3.0 ports; high end machines will have the advantages and faster throughput of Thunderbolt 3 but still be able to use the slower peripherals. Just how much of a hand did Apple have in creating...
 The SlimPlug is compliant and this charger uses the same folding pin principle, so in theory it is.Presumably Apple has put it through all the relevant regulatory approval.  Very happy to see this design, it makes the adapter much more compact and easier for travelling.I wonder whether this will come with the Watch when it ships in the UK?
Removable batteries are actually a liability.You have to use the one specific to a specific phone, unlike a battery pack.The battery pack can be used for not just your own phone, but your next phone and the phones of those around you who need a charge.