or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Are you thinking in addition to the five stores already present? (Whilst Kingston isn't labelled as a London store it is within the Greater London area and does have a London phone number). I've been to three of the five stores in London (Regent St, Westfield and Brent Cross) and they are all quite busy, not just around the demo units but with people purchasing at the tills. I'm very impressed by the conduct of the Apple Store staff; they are all welcoming, they know...
It's likely that RIM's copycat BlackPad will fail. It's simply a knee jerk response to Apple's unexpected success with the iPad. What's been overlooked is that Apple itself had been working on the iPad for some time. Didn't Steve Jobs recently imply that the iPad was an older project than the iPhone, indeed that the iPhone was an incidental consequence of the iPad project at Apple? As the first iPhone was launched in 2007, this implies that Apple has been working on...
I'm not sure if I'm missing the obvious here but surely you can achieve this by putting the iPhone into Airplane mode? This will switch off both the phone and the wi-fi. You can do this by going to settings then switching airplane mode ON at the very top. If you wish to surf the net then use wi-fi by switching it ON but leaving the iPhone in Airplane mode. If you want to continue using your carrier's data connection but not receive calls then the best technique...
Take a look at Documents to Go by Dataviz on the app store or on their website www.dataviz.com The premium edition offers the ability to sync either iPhone or iPad with Google Docs. It can also sync your docs with Dropbox or iDisk as well. I have successfully used it to sync both an iPhone and iPad with Google Docs. You can sync with a Mac as well but I've noticed duplicates appear when I do that. Nevertheless, I think this may be a good solution for you. Please let us...
I've just paid for a MobileMe subscription after the trial period. I'm very happy with MobileMe, the key thing for me is how everything integrates well with my computer and iPhone and other family members' iDevices. I've got Dropbox for free, tried the Google sync with Google contacts, calendar and Spanning Sync to try to help with again Google contacts and calendar. My experience was that whilst Dropbox was fine, the Google or Spanning Sync would introduce errors...
Originally Posted by lkrupp Developers are not "locked in" to the iPhone. They can develop for any platform they choose. to which Stevie responded:then later:to which Stevie responds:Muddled understanding for all to see.
is this before or after you edit the Wikipedia entry? Are you muddling your understanding of the difference between developers for a platform and users of that platform?As for muddled understanding I wish to clarify this point Stevie: are you stating that developers who develop for iOS are locked into developing only for that platform? If so, by your definition of "lock in", what do you see as the substantial switching costs for developing for an alternative mobile OS?
I find this argument rather inane: until we become infinitely powerful beings, we're all limited by whatever choices we make. By your argument my house must be a locked down prison as there are substantial switching costs should I choose to move to a different location. The issue is whether Apple prevents developers from developing for other platforms not whether they have the means to do so. I'm not prevented from owning several houses around the country but as I only...
The UK Apple Store (http://store.apple.com/uk) has been updated to offer the iPhone 4. However only the black one is available for pre-order as the site states:On a positive note the iPhones on offer are now unlocked - they can be used with a Micro SIM from any 3G/GSM carrier. Oh and it seems Apple has just released the new Mac Mini too, it looks even slimmer than its predecessor.
I enjoyed Day of Defeat via Steam on Windows. I think this might be right up your street. I'm hoping Steam brings it to the Mac soon - it's still showing as Windows only