or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Cheeky Chappy Stores seeks payments from TV manufacturers to fund store expansion: "We've had this great business selling pocket transistor radios but now our customers prefer buying more and more flatscreen TVs which have been getting bigger and bigger. We can only store one or two TVs in a space originally built to hold fifty radios. We can't cope with all our customers demanding bigger and bigger TVs; Panasonic make some of the largest TVs so it's time they pay...
So a car's embedded computer can be used to create spreadsheets, view PDFs and browse the web? If so then I guess it's a mobile PC alongside an iPad and laptop.
What a rant! All computer systems are limited to the software choice others provide to you unless you create your own software. You can create your own using the iOS SDK.just as a PC is meaningless without any information to work with; unless you regard staring at the Desktop or Finder all day as being meaningful. I think people who fail to see how an iPad can be useful and creative are in the same category as those who couldn't see the first microcomputers being useful...
Just as they've used an operating system from the past (UNIX) to make great products for now and the future.
Beautiful architecture but their website uses Flash - I'm sure Apple will 'fix that issue' for them whilst the new HQ takes shape!
Kizedek I think you've given perfect answers as to why 4:3 is best for the iPad.16:9 ratio for video is itself a compromise: it was chosen as a best fit between the older 4:3 cinema/TV formats and the more recent 2.37:1 cinema format. As for still photography most formats tend towards 4:3. I believe the greatest benefit for 16:9 comes from watching on at least a 37 inch screen; other than black bars I doubt it's noticeably different on a 9 inch screen, even less so on 7...
It's a matter of perspective and people choosing the right tool for the job: a surgeon won't achieve much real work in their profession with a blowtorch. There are tasks and uses for which the iPad is perfect.
Apple has sold more than four times the number of iPads in a day than these 9000 Slates HP are rumoured to sell over six weeks. Obviously the Slate is nowhere near the success of the iPad, to suggest otherwise is a distortion of reality.
Well, that all depends on context and juristriction, the Appleinsider has a global reach, I'm sitting in the United Kingdom, even within this one country we have three different juidicial systems: England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I presume you're in the US where you have at least fifty one different systems - state laws plus the federal laws. EULA are a contractual obligation between the person who uses the software and the licensor of that software. A...
Actually, Apple was obligated to offer the next major iOS as an upgrade. Look at the final paragraph in Section 1, General, of the iPhone licence. It's notable there's no obligation for providing an update to the next major iOS in the iPhone 4 licence. Wow, I've made a 100 already!