or Connect

Posts by ChiA

I'm glad that you disagree with nkhm thinking that I lack imagination. But: - a modbook with a touchscreen running the complete OS X - Bluetooth or USB keyboard - and the approriate OS X software e.g. Chameleon, software for DMX lighting control means it's not just my imagination.
You're the one who lacks imagination, you fail to imagine how using existing products, such as the Modbook, can accomplish all of what you ask for today. How can you conceive better products for tomorrow when you lack the imagination to even use the full potential of what's available now? It's easy to imagine; coming up with something practical or even useful is another skill altogether. Yes, as technology progresses, they'll be undoubtedly a time when we can do with the...
Where did this argument about devices being either for creation or consumption arise from? I find it all rather arbitrary. I can create a text message with a mobile phone so it must be a creative device. A paint brush by itself can only look pretty, so therefore it's only for admiring and viewing. The truth of the matter is each tool is what you make of it as a user, be it mobile, paint brush or iPad. The beauty of the iPad is that it can be paint brush, paint,...
You want the full OS X on a touchscreen? Buy a Modbook. Available now. As for this iOS Macbook, please enlighten us as to what this will accomplish better than either the Macbook Air or an iPad with keyboard.
You people should research your products and get more clued up, an iOS notebook already exists. It's an iPad with a bluetooth keyboard or the keyboard dock.
As for the success of Microsoft's retail endeavours, well the fact there are currently more Apple stores in London alone than Microsoft stores in the USA speaks for itself... Compared to Apple's Global Store programme, Microsoft's efforts are no more than a retail rounding error.
Are you thinking in addition to the five stores already present? (Whilst Kingston isn't labelled as a London store it is within the Greater London area and does have a London phone number). I've been to three of the five stores in London (Regent St, Westfield and Brent Cross) and they are all quite busy, not just around the demo units but with people purchasing at the tills. I'm very impressed by the conduct of the Apple Store staff; they are all welcoming, they know...
It's likely that RIM's copycat BlackPad will fail. It's simply a knee jerk response to Apple's unexpected success with the iPad. What's been overlooked is that Apple itself had been working on the iPad for some time. Didn't Steve Jobs recently imply that the iPad was an older project than the iPhone, indeed that the iPhone was an incidental consequence of the iPad project at Apple? As the first iPhone was launched in 2007, this implies that Apple has been working on...
I'm not sure if I'm missing the obvious here but surely you can achieve this by putting the iPhone into Airplane mode? This will switch off both the phone and the wi-fi. You can do this by going to settings then switching airplane mode ON at the very top. If you wish to surf the net then use wi-fi by switching it ON but leaving the iPhone in Airplane mode. If you want to continue using your carrier's data connection but not receive calls then the best technique...
Take a look at Documents to Go by Dataviz on the app store or on their website www.dataviz.com The premium edition offers the ability to sync either iPhone or iPad with Google Docs. It can also sync your docs with Dropbox or iDisk as well. I have successfully used it to sync both an iPhone and iPad with Google Docs. You can sync with a Mac as well but I've noticed duplicates appear when I do that. Nevertheless, I think this may be a good solution for you. Please let us...