or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Life itself is a gamble.  There is a risk of dying each time you drive or step into the street.  There's a risk of dying from just staying at home. You argue there's a risk of upgrading an iPhone 4S to iOS7 and therefore people should be wary of doing it, but then how's that different to the risk of upgrading any phone if the proportion of severe failures are small?
as opposed to the spy ware built into every Android device by Google?Probably saved the NSA the effort of creating the app for Android; all they had to do was tap the Google servers.Nevertheless their Android app has probably already been deployed, even criminals have made malware to rob Android users.Not forgetting all those Android apps with dubious permissions sending and receiving info without the user's knowledge.Oh, and if you didn't know already, the NSA makes its...
 hobbyists usually don't factor in their own time and resource spent into the cost of a system assembled using parts at retail prices. It's very doubtful that any commercial competitor, which are all in poorer financial health than Apple, will be able to negotiate a better parts price to build an equivalent machine. Apple has enough CASH to purchase the entire production run for a year and still not blink, assuming a million top of the range Mac Pros are produced with a...
  the NSA isn't alone in breaking Blackberry security: - Snowden leaks show UK and US spies have cracked BlackBerry's BES encryption- BlackBerry Enterprise Server vulnerable to dangerous TIFFs- BlackBerry outage floors many BES enterprise services​ So I pose the rhetorical question once again, what does Blackberry provide you can't get with other systems? 
Rhetorical question, what can Blackberry's messaging service offer which can't be done by Android, iOS or even Windows Mobile?
Blackberrys certainly don't deserve the credit of being the smartphone before smartphones when they were preceded to market by equivalents from Nokia (Communicator range), Ericsson/Sony Ericsson (R380, p800) and Handspring/Palm (Treo).I'd go as far as to say the only innovation the Blackberrys brought to market were the BES secure messaging features, otherwise the Treo and Nokia Communicators were already more capable devices than the Blackberrys.
He's also notably the first person in public to have received the new Mac Pro.   When will the ordinary ones follow for the other buyers?
It's ironic you accuse me of ignorance when all of what you state about me is factually incorrect yet you state it as if it were true.You continue with your personal attacks on me, in contrast I was not attacking gabberattack personally per se, merely seeking to clarify, one aspect of his account that, to me, seemed a touch incongruous.I think friends and family will find your false assertions that I've not been to those places most amusing.You don't know me.
My point was that they're not from the Soviet Union NOW! There isn't a Soviet Union as of 2013 that anybody can currently be a citizen of now.Oh, and for the record, the Soviet Union didn't officially come into being till Dec 1922, so somebody born between 1917 and Dec 1922 wasn't born in the Soviet Union at the time.
 I wasn't debating whether Czechoslovakia was a communist country, please read my posts carefully again. Another point to consider is that adults who are now in their late thirties would have only experienced as adults the final days of the communist regime. It is only those in their late forties or older who can narrate what their direct experience, as adults, of several years of the communist system. As for your second question, it is very relevant when you look back to...