or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Over the years I've been bemused and to a degree, disappointed with the obsession with the Microsoft Office Suite.   I hope that people are slowly waking up to the fact that you don't need the full Microsoft Office suite to type up most letters and documents, just as you don't need Internet Explorer to view web pages.     I can recall the very first Excel and Word release, it was created for the then new Apple Macintosh, only later did they migrate to DOS and...
  and it's probably a freebie if you're an executive at Microsoft...   Do you have any offers for the majority of users not fortunate enough to work amongst the select companies?
  Interesting, you insult an entire nation of people by calling them an evil country and yet you say I'm insulting by using the word grumble, which is a synonym for complain, protest or criticise.  I concede that grumble can be perceived as being "loaded", but your original post was indeed, a criticism.   As for don't like the price, don't buy, Apple doesn't provide an essential service nor are you compelled to purchase Apple products, especially when there are so many...
  Your original grumble was about Apple investing in the country, not the nature of the investment. As for China, it's all relative, Apple and its contractors pay higher than average compared to other workers in the region. There may well be aspects of Australia which the Chinese may find disdainful, I'll wager you'd be amongst the first to protest should China start dictating to Australia what to do.   As for being ripped off with pricing, if you don't like the price,...
Are you suggesting Apple hasn't invested in Australia with the 1500 staff it employs there, the construction and running of the Apple Stores and other associated facilities?   After all, Apple products can be sold in a country without it being directly present, as is the case with many countries in Africa for example, where there are official distributors and resellers but no Apple office or store.   I have done some research, here's something to help you with...
Just which saintly good country do you come from that you can judge others?   Rhetorical question, I've figured it out from your other posts on Appleinsider. You're from that large country that hunted its indigenous people right into the middle of the twentieth century, mistreats them and mistreats those seeking asylum.   The Forgotten People of Oz   It seems your country isn't all that saintly after all, plenty of trouble in your own backyard.   Maybe Apple pull out of...
A question to all those denying that Apple Maps has a problem with reliable data:   Why, at least for London, is the map used for iCloud's Find My iPhone web page much more accurate than the one for iOS?
Apple Maps may be the best mapping app on a mobile, just as the Space Shuttle is the fastest reusable vehicle, but without largely accurate and reliable data,  Apple Maps on the phone is as functional and ornamental as a Space Shuttle sitting without fuel in a museum.   Living in London UK, it is deeply disappointing that several months on, Apple hasn't even bothered to correct the glaring mistake of placing the current University College Hospital, with its Accident...
  So by your rationale Andrey, the two pairs of people who started these two companies must have been doing something just for fun and toys?   Be grateful somebody like Dave MachLachlan took a risk and used their limited resources to build the company able to give you a job.
Curiously, when Value Added Tax is removed, the current unlocked iPhone 4 is actually cheaper in the UK than it is in the USA! Anybody visiting the UK from the USA who needs to upgrade to an iPhone 4 and have an unlocked phone for roaming can hit two birds with one stone, just be sure to claim back the tax! As for these plastic iPhone rumours, they make the presumption that the casing is a considerable part of the total cost of manufacture. It's notable that the Apple...