or Connect

Posts by ChiA

Curiously, when Value Added Tax is removed, the current unlocked iPhone 4 is actually cheaper in the UK than it is in the USA! Anybody visiting the UK from the USA who needs to upgrade to an iPhone 4 and have an unlocked phone for roaming can hit two birds with one stone, just be sure to claim back the tax! As for these plastic iPhone rumours, they make the presumption that the casing is a considerable part of the total cost of manufacture. It's notable that the Apple...
  Yea, take Sirs Jonathan Ive and Tim Berners-Lee for example...
    Maybe Apple's long term target for acquisition is, itself.  Buying itself removes the influence of large investors who may not have the company's long-term welfare at heart.   I, being cynical, feel the share price will then rapidly rise to reflect its true value when such a move is announced...
  I fail to comprehend your sweeping and dismissive, narrow-minded hostility to the iPhone and iPad.   You don't seem to get that it's how you use a device and its software that matters, not whether it's a mainframe, PC or smartphone that matters.   A $5000 PC gaming rig used solely to play Crysis II is a toy.   A $500 dollar iPhone or iPad that helps a physician treat a patient at the bedside or in the field, that's real work.   I actually pity you that you feel real...
  Well, they've been doing it in the UK for some time now, via Barclays Partner Finance:   Finance on the Apple Online Store - Apple Store (UK)   They were actually offering interest free purchases spread over ten months before Christmas.   It may also be a way of encouraging purchases within the emerging markets.
  This is also true of the London Underground, which incorporates the oldest underground train lines in the world, yet the real time info system has been established for some years now. In fairness to New York though, the London Underground doesn't run 24 hours a day.
  The EU has 27 member states with at least 27 different legal systems.  I say at least, because one member state, the UK, has three, the legal systems of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.   Yes, the EU has recommendations (Directives) for principles to be legally implemented by every member nation, but these principles are subject to how they're interpreted and implemented within each member state's laws, hence the need for the European Court of Justice...
  An Automobile Review, DaHarder Style:   When it comes to it, the Aston Martin DB9 2013 model is just another variation of the same 100 year-old automobile theme, which for many will be enough, but it does beg the question: Are automobile manufacturers out of new ideas?
Google Voice, as a proprietary system is just as closed. Furthermore unlike Google Voice, iMessage is available globally for Macs and iOS devices.   I've found WhatsApp Messenger to be the best messaging system between all the different smartphones; you can message any smartphone that has the app whether it's iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Nokia s40 or Symbian.
  So somebody who visits a page, i.e. a page view, to manage their finances, read the latest scientific research, or donate funds to a charity, just as a few examples, is not productive?   Just who is silly?