or Connect

Posts by ChiA

What Microsoft attempted to do with Internet Explorer was anathema to some of the very reasons why HTML and WWW were created, their attempt to subjugate the web to their software sadly almost succeeded.  Microsoft were effectively taking www work and making internet explorer additions to it in an attempt to force the world to use their software.   I think the current situation, where different organisations implement their own rendering engines to process the widely...
  You are so very wrong.   HTML is not the only markup language in use, and the internet can freely transmit any document in any markup language, therefore HTML is not a monopoly.  It's certainly the most widely used, but not the only one in use:   List of Document markup languages   you've probably used a few without realising it.   KML for Google Earth Wiki markup in Wikipedia WML  Wireless Markup Language for mobiles SVG Scalable Vector Graphics etc
Hey buddy, I've got some news for you:     but just so you know, as it seems you are unaware how Street View was accessible on the iOS map, this kid put together a helpful Youtube video, four years ago.
  Wristwatch phones have been around for a few years now.  There are quite a few to be found on eBay:   Maybe there just isn't the demand for such a device made by a big name manufacturer.
  Unlike Samsung's products, every single iOS device has had a major OS upgrade available.   Unlike Samsung, Apple's current entire iPhone iPad and iPod Touch lineup runs the current iOS 6.       In the past twelve months Samsung has released Gingerbread phones like the Pocket and the Ace 2.   It seems Samsung doesn't want its budget customers to benefit from Android's new APIs.   Samsung is partially responsible for the Android fragmentation issue; other manufacturers...
  stike vomit thinks big letters and shouting will make him right.  SHOCKER!     BUDGET PHONES GET UPDATES TOO!*  SHOCKER! *though much less likely from Samsung or Sony     NOKIA Asha 203 SIM-FREE £50 It was launched as a budget phone in 2012 yet Nokia has already released several software updates   Support for your Nokia Asha 203   Credit where credit is due, Apple and Nokia believe in strong after-sales support.
  which will lead to most developers not bothering to support new features offered by more recent Android versions and APIs, and thus most android manufacturers not bothering with the extra complexity of dealing with a more recent Android version.   This may go some way to explaining why the bulk of Android devices are 2.6.3 or below.   In contrast, my four year old iPhone 3GS with its current iOS can take advantage of the latest programmes with the latest APIs.
No fragmentation in Android?   Consider this, straight from the horse's mouth:   Supporting Multiple Screens   also:     but these APIs are not available to the majority of Android devices, yes, even as of now, most Android Devices are running 2.6.3 or below: again, straight from the horse's mouth:   Current Distribution of Android Devices Accessing Google Play     Consider the irony of my experience: I have an iPhone 3GS purchased in Nov 2009, it shipped with iOS 3 but...
  Oh please, get some perspective, there's no way the UAE and Dubai, which is little more than a huge shopping mall and theme park, can compare to the Intellectual, Economic, Financial, Industrial and yes Military powerhouse that is the United States of America.   consider:  Welcome to the World's Largest Gold Vault where is this vault?  It's the Federal Reserve in New York.   List of sovereign states by foreign-exchange reserves in millions of US...