or Connect

Posts by ChiA

OH GOD NO!!!   Those who become frustrated with OS X are likely to become suicidal after using Linux.   Even the most popular of distros, Ubuntu and its derivatives, are a frightening mishmash. It's not even straightforward to install on EFI Macs. Of course, life will be a lot easier if you pay for support and don't try updating your software, in which case you may as well go for the polish of OS X or Windows.   I speak from the experience of maintaining a Mythbuntu...
  Interesting, so do you see double vision all the time, as that will be the most accurate picture, one from each eye? Usually the brain processes and combines these two pictures to create the artificial single image that we "see".
  With the way Google likes to collect data about users, maybe these capabilities are already present as undocumented "features"!   Your Android phone is secretly recording everything you do Rented computers secretly photographed users
  Crime happens everywhere in the world, irrespective of the nature of hiring practises. Can you name a country without a police force or crime?   If you're trying to imply that more crime occurs as a result of politically correct hiring practises, that's a logical fallacy which reveals something about your perception of the world and others in it.
  I'm disturbed and disappointed you actually feel some sympathy for the guy. He's someone who has abused his position of trust and responsibility to take advantage of passengers when they're vulnerable; it's not as if you can grab hold of a thieving TSA agent without being smacked down hard onto the floor.   Who knows what else he may do at the airport if the money's right? "You've got a bag you don't want anybody nosing around in?  Well $10,000 ought to cover our 'fees'...
    Well I do know of two people who have switched from iPhone to Samsung Android Galaxy phones who each said, "it's the same as an iPhone but cheaper".  I shall be observing their experience as time progresses.      
You asked me to name one application that worked on 4 but not on Android 2.3, so I did.   Originally Posted by ChiA Your stance implies that there's no advantage in upgrading the Android OS   Okay, let's look from another angle. What incentive is there to upgrade a handset from 2.3 to 4.0 when it can run all the apps anyway? OEMs and networks demonstrate a lack of concern about the users's experience when they don't support or provide an official upgrade to the latest...
  Once, twice and three times:   Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome   Your stance implies that there's no advantage in upgrading the Android OS on a handset, after all you've tried to compel people that Android apps that run in 4.0 also work in 2.3. So why does Google bother to create new versions of Android? Are you saying that Android software can't take advantage of new features in new versions of Android?   I suspect the salespeople will...
  I purchased a 3GS in 2009, it came with iOS 3.  It will be upgraded to iOS 6 next week.   I purchased an Archos 48 media player in 2011.  It came with Android 1.4.  It can't be officially upgraded beyond 1.6.  There are numerous apps which can't be installed, notably Skype and Google Drive.   I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Y April this year.  It can't be officially upgraded beyond Android 2.3 (Not that it bothers me anymore, the model I purchased and its replacement were...
  I believe you're wrong on this point with respect to the United Kingdom, it is just as developed here.   There are 34 Apple Stores in the UK. Additionally every mobile phone shop offers the iPhone and frequently the iPad, most sizeable supermarkets department stores and electronic/electrical chain shops have Apple products, be they iPhones, iPads, iPods or Macs.   The same services are available via iTunes, iCloud and App Store as in the US. Besides, the internet makes...