or Connect

Posts by Oflife

I meant that Apple have been several years behind in features we Europeans really like, such as a GOOD camera (with video, like the excellent Nokia N95 and several Samsung phones), decent call quality (like most Sony Ericcsons), USB charging (using standard cables), ability to use the phone as a USB drive, etc etc. All this can be done on the HTC Desire and some other Android phones. Again, Apple cannot rely on the touch screen and app store forever. People want to escape,...
As an iPhone 3GS 32G user, I spent over 20 minutes playing with an HTC Desire the other day, and the larger screen makes ALL the difference. In particular to typing on the on screen keyboard. If the new iPhone really does feature a smaller screen, they have lost a customer in me. I sold my 3GS yesterday, and on June 7, if the new iPhone really is as un-inspired as the rumors, I'm migrating to Android and going for the HTC Desire. Apple cannot rely on the App store...
"Enemy of the future." Go back in time, find baby Samsung iPhone/iPod Touch CPU, and destroy it!
What if I loan my iPhone? Apple are really locking people into their garden. Way way better to have an open system. a) Collect item(s) to purchase. b) Head to till. c) Biometric reading taken using local camera etc. d) After verification, payment made. No on person gadget required. With Apple's system, the only benefit is that the iPhone is used to verify the process, so it is assumed one's information is not held elsewhere? Too tired to go on, but me thinks Apple should...
I own a 32G 3GS on Vodafone here in the bankrupt and staring communism in the eye UK. Prior to my iPhone, I owned all manner of phones, including the excellent Sony Ericsson K800i, the very usable Nokia E71 and one or two others inbetween. Until the iPhone, I benefitted from a good signal and call quality wherever I went, within reason. Since the iPhone, I get dropped calls several times a day and don't even get a signal in areas (and on trains) where I did with my...
1) The design is uninspired (not that important, but it shows Apple have become complacent.) 2) Why no Xenon flash? What is the point of a top notch image browsing feature (one of the iPhone's greatest assets) and yet one still needs to use a 3rd party camera, import into iPhoto and then sync with the iPhone to get it on the bl**dy device? Why not include a decent camera, like Nokia and Sony Ericsson have done? 3) Why no mechanical shutter release for the camera? 4)...
No shutter release or improvements to the calendar app, and I'm defecting to Android, where I am sure at least one vendor has implemented one or both. Either way, this leaked phone lacks any inspiration or Appleness and if genuine, is very dissapointing.
The biggest flaw in iPhone Spotlight is the inability to search notes attached to a contact. This renders is almost useless as that is where many write keywords associated with the contact. It sounds crazy, but it's enough to make me give up the iPhone and move back to Nokia, who have implemented a way better search feature on most of their smart phones for quite a while now. And yes, it searched the web too. Checkboxes in the left column allow you to filter what to...
however, Apple, like Sony of yesteryear, will continue to force us to spend £19.95 for a white adapter to convert one iDevice connector to another. Remember, in the garden of eden, humanity chose wrongly at the start. If we hadn't, and good had been embedded in us, light peak would have been introduced in the iPad, just as Apple used the excellent Wall Street and Lombard PowerBooks to introduce us to the wonderful world of WiFi. (And removable media bays...)
(And I don't mean Toshiba!) I'm an avid greeny, but this sort of comment is yet more in the armoury of those who find the movement lacking in credibility. The solution to the world's woes is NOT energy saving (too complicated, impractical and expensive), but in fact to switch to renewable sustainable sources - such as solar, where it doesn't really matter how much we use. The aim should be to source energy that is clean and uncorrupt. I shall be ordering our iPad and...