or Connect

Posts by Oflife

Apple Maps did NOT effect sales of GPS units like Garmin and Tom Tom, it was first Nokia's excellent Symbian maps (such as that on the superb Nokia N95) and then Android, that came with drive by drive navigation out of the box. Apple Maps was still born, and still is. Sorry! Regarding an affordable iPhone, Apple should make something different, that will appeal to the young and ladies, namely, an iPhone nano - the size of the current iPod nano, but, well, a phone....
The response by commenters here shows how rude and immature they are. Alan Kay is spot on and if you knew much about his history, a little more respect would be shown. Apple have in fact NO idea about ergonomics and the creative process. Bare in mind I have owned or own about every product they have ever made, (typing this on their best designed product, the MBA 13"), so here we go: 1. Finding the volume and rotate lock/mute slider on the iPads is a nightmare, spinning...
I think too many people are assuming this will be built into the Home button. Note that the company Apple acquired focuses on an actual display based fingerprint scanner. This reminds me of one of the first apps for 'iPhone OS' back in 2007, a fake fingerprint scanner. (Followed by various bubbly pop apps!). Anyway, it is possible Apple will discard the Home button altogether one day and the screen will be used to unlock the phone. (I have a Nexus 4, and there are already...
This article appears genuine until you get to this part, which made me think it could be a very professionally done April 1st joke... "He further speculated that Apple isn't too concerned about thefts because "there's just too much being made on stolen phones."" ...with the above the only somewhat amusing and not very Apple like quote.
As a 13" MacBook Air user with 256GB SSD, I can testify that unless you are a lightweight user (as opposed to a mid to power user), even a few years ago, anything under 256GB is not enough. If non SSD computers where at 500GB a few years ago, anything less is stepping back. I am close to running out of space on my year old MBA and will soon upgrade to the more recent model and ensure I have 512GB. What good having a machine (the Retina 13") with such a nice display that...
Flyover has no practical use at all and by the time it covers enough areas, the competition will be away ahead. Apple need to focus on the navigation accuracy. It has been ages since maps was launched and Marlborough, Wiltshire, England still appears as 'Ogbourne Saint Andrew', a village a few miles away. The navigation interface and voice clarity are great, but it's no good if the underlying data is useless! It's a bit like having a pretty but thick woman as your nagging...
iSqueeze
I just realised what I typed! Epic fail on my part. "Plugged into" and "Wireless" are a contradiction in terms is what I assume made you laugh.
I just realised what I typed! Epic fail on my part. "Plugged into" and "Wireless" are a contradiction in terms is what I assume made you laugh.
They may well be getting converts, but the sales figures must be very small. I am plugged into the wireless device industry and people are still buying iPhones and Androids en mass, very few are going BB, no matter the rubustness of QNX. With devices like the HTC One, Xperia Z and Galaxy 4 available or soon to be, the temptation is too strong. And there are even cooler Androids to follow, believe you me! (Not to mention rumoured 5S/6 from Apple.) The value prop of BB...