or Connect

Posts by Oflife

We'll need multiple charging pads: 1) Bedside. 2) Home desk. 3) Work desk. 4) Kitchen? I think a way to use wireless signals to charge is the way forward, as per Tesla's research. Or if that is unsafe or inefficient, perhaps a way to use eye safe lasers to beam energy to a spot on a device. Convenience sells, inconvenience and over expense puts people off.
Good old liberal hiring practices. Every single time I have been robbed at a hotel, it was by one of the employees. How do I know? a) They have the keys to my room. b) I once got the manager of a hotel to ADMIT her employee had stolen the mobile phone belonging to one of my staff. I gave her 30 minutes to put it back in our room no questions asked, else I would call the police. We waited 30 minutes outside, and then returned to the room, where the phone had been duly...
As someone else says, 15" MacBook Air, rumoured iPad 10" upgrade ('3' is thicker than 2) or even a transportable iMac 21" with a touch screen display that can be lifted from a dock and placed anywhere in the room - like a giant iPad but running OS X. (Remember the rumours of a lean back iMac with a touch screen?) Carbon fibre would make it lighter so easier to carry around the house, studio or room.
Wrong.   Android innovations...   Time and location based app or feature status on Motorola phones.   Putting (Samsung Galaxy S3) up to your ear whilst texting automatically starts a call to the person you are texting   Front camera on S3 monitors the user's face. When they look away, it dims the display. Superb idea.   Again, on the S3 (and future Samsung phones), the buddy photo feature that automatically sends photos of friends to them using the...
The reason people were underwhelmed is not the spec, but the lack of a brave new industrial design to get people pumped up and of course, move beyond the 1980s Sony design aesthetic of the 4 series iPhones. For example, many hoped for a blend of the original unibody iPhone 1 (I have a fully working one right here and it's lovely and comfortable being so curvy) and the 2011/2012 MacBook Air. Namely, a slick tapered unibody case and some unique new hardware and software...
As someone in the biz who knows iOS and Android backwards, loves most of what Apple do and who has played with an S3 and 4S (and knows the 5 spec), this ad is actually accurate. There is a lot to like about the S3 (hence it's popularity) and the ad makes no false claims at all. Further, Samsung are upgrading them all to Jelly Bean soon and that will further improve the value proposition. Apple fans need to be more honest and make a fair judgement call. There are others...
It is this greed and total lack of imagination by Apple (such imagination ended with the iPhone 1/2G on the phone front) that will be their downfall.   Nokia have just launched a phone (the Lumia 920) whose innovations are each more useful than any iPhone feature, and save the user money and hassle. the wireless charging means you won't NEED any cables for charging and the NFC means you won't need any cables for music streaming/transfer. (Wireless charging hotspots...
A tragic dumbing down of a once superb OS. FB is a toxic entity that has done more to create a generation of callous dystopian voyeuristic narcissistic shallow low IQ individuals than any other invention in recent history outside of American daytime TV or anything on Sky (UK) that isn't the sports, History or Discover channel. FB has few positive attributes and Apple who are supposed to develop engines of creation that inspire people to create have lost their way. No...
You are spot on. I stayed with the iPad until about 6 months ago, and after waiting and hoping that Apple would merge their two OS's and create a proper cloud service to enable colaborative document sharing AND editing, I have up, and went back to a MacBook Air.   Apple have chosen the easy route and simply left innovation in the hands of the (app) developers, but even that doesn't produce a genuinely open productivity enhancing solution.   Apple created the best...
Absolute rubbish. Have you read the pre-order figures for the new Samsung Galaxy SIII, and it isn't even sexy looking!? Amazed me how Apple fans are in total denial about Android.