or Connect

Posts by AppleGreen

The memory is user-upgradeable on the 27" iMac. After-market Crucial 32GB RAM costs about $150. You can future-proof it whenever you want.
Does anyone know if Bootcamp supports Windows 10? Should I let my Mac running Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows update?
Yup. I knew this would happen. If you use Android, malware will eventually get to your brain. 
For me, the "killer app" is the one that taps you periodically and suggests you stand up and walk about a bit because you have been sitting too long.   I checked out the watch at the local Apple store this weekend. Not particularly impressed. A bit too chunky for my taste. But, I will get one anyway because I want to see what it is like to wear one for a few days. That itself is worth $350 to me.    I buy too many Apple products. Why not this one?   I saw and tried...
The 8GB 256GB/512GB Macbook Retina is priced 1,299/1,599.  The 13" 1.6Ghz i5 with 8GB 256GB/512GB Macbook Air is also priced 1,299/1,599.   So, why get the Air unless you are not willing to pay at least $1,299 for a Macbook, or you really need the faster i5 or i7 processor?
I am still trying to figure out why I would want one. Maybe after I try it out in the store and see how it can be used, I will want one. But, right now, I am not particularly excited. For every other Apple product - Macs, iPods, iPhones, and iPads - I had a desire to get them as soon as they were announced at Apple's events. With the Apple watch, there are lots on unanswered questions. Instinct tells me it will not be much of a success. We'll just have to wait and see.
Disagree. That title goes to both Larry P. and Eric S.  Zuckie is number 2.
 If you take the value of equity outstanding (mkt. cap) + debt outstanding for Apple, it is $616B.  This is enterprise value.  For Google, HP, Microsoft, and Intel combined, it is $996B.  All figures are from Yahoo Finance.  Except for HP, the debt numbers are fairly small relative to equity market cap.  So, if you just want to look at equity market cap, it is $585B for Apple, and $931B for the other four companies. So, if Apple makes more than Google, HP, Microsoft, and...
Previous version Mac mini - 2.3Ghz quad-core i7, 4GB, 1TB Fusion drive = $1000 + 16GB RAM DIY upgrade for $150 = $1150.   New Mac mini - 3.0Ghz dual-core i7, 16GB, 1TB Fusion drive = $1400.   You get less, and you pay more. Not good.   I already have a 2012 2.6GHz quad-core i7 with Fusion drive. Very disappointed with this Mac mini refresh.
Let's hope you are right. We will know when the manual is out in a day or two. It will show if the bottom cover is the same and if the RAM is user-upgradeable.