or Connect

Posts by AppleGreen

Depends on what your needs are. But, if you don't know the difference between Core2Duo and Core i7 (the latter is much faster), then my guess is that the 13" 2.4Ghz should be good enough for you.
The low-end 13" is now "one-heck-of-a-deal." Why spend $300 more for the high-end 13", which essentially just gives you a slightly faster processor? (Getting the 320GB instead of the 250GB hard drive doesn't give you much; if the 250GB is not big enough, then better to spend about a $100 more and upgrade to a 500GB 7200rpm). I wish they had kept the low-end 15" with Core2Duo and Nvidia integrated chip. Although I want to get a 15", I am hesitating because of the Intel...
You are making too many assumptions. How exactly is the "state of the art" going to get better and better with each new Android phone? They will all be running the same OS, Android. Presumably, the latest version as offered by Google. If HTC offers a blue Android phone, and Motorola follows with a red Android phone, that's not the state of the art getting better, is it? So, how is this different from Apple upgrading the OS every year, along with a new "better"...
How many people do you think are willing to buy a new Android phone every few months?
Good god, man, you are drooling over Gmail and Google Calendar? You consider them revolutionary products? How much money is Google making on these? Google does a lot of "me-too" stuff and gives it away, hoping they will make some money on these some day. Hah !!
If open source meant success, the market share of Linux would have been more than Windows by now.
Google shareholders are not going to be happy, either. Ever since the introduction of the Nexus One, GOOG shares have been down a lot. In terms of sales, the Nexus One has been a flop !! Google is not a hardware company. Why are they bothering with developing hardware products? Google knows how to do desktop search. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that they know how to do anything else.
WOO HOO !!! Just got an email from Apple that my 64GB Wi-fi iPad has shipped for delivery by April 3rd. UPS tracking info shows "In-Transit" from Shenzen, China. Looks like they are shipping pre-orders from China, directly to buyers. That's why they have to ship a week before April 3. No word on my second (16GB) yet.
The key question is: How many can one person pre-order? I have a family of 6. And, everyone wants one.
What a crock !! Apple has every right to defend its patents. The iPhone, when introduced in 2007, was a revolutionary product that dramatically changed the cellphone industry. Now, Google/HTC want to rip-off Apple's intellectual property. All Apple is doing is protecting its property from being stolen. Without the use of patented features invented by Apple, Google's cellphone ambitions are dead in the water !!! Where do you get this nonsense about internal statistics?