or Connect

Posts by MrsRiv

I'm looking for some opinions on what (which model, processor, memory) and where I should buy a newer laptop. I need to upgrade my laptop to an Intel based version so that I can upgrade to Adobe CS5 Design Premium. I don't need the absolute newest one but I want something that will last like my current PowerBook G4 has. My main concern is speed as I usually run multiple programs at a time (InDesign+Photoshop+Illustrator). I'm looking at the 15" size this time around and...
I have a PowerPC G5 Dual with a large glossy screen for my most intense work that I can do from home. But I like to have a laptop that I can take on the road for working on projects. It's mostly for Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign. So no animation or gaming purposes.
I'm thinking I may try to upgrade my laptop as my main objective is to get CS4 right now but I have a friend who is selling his MacBook Pro for $900. What's your opinion as you would know better what Macs can handle? My main problem is speed especially with CS programs and I do need a new battery. I have: Machine Name: PowerBook G4 17" Machine Model: PowerBook5,9 CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.5) Number Of CPUs: 1 CPU Speed: 1.67 GHz L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB Memory:...