or Connect

Posts by DanielSW

There's nothing wrong with a default bank if you have numerous accounts. The default will surely be able to be changed. The point of the rush is because banks realize that the system will be so easy that people will tend not to change the card that they use.
Calling a patent a "knee-jerk response" is ridiculous.
yUh. Who cares? With Apple Pay there will essentially NO cards--at least none being carried around.
It's never been about being cute. It's always been about Apple customers wanting Apple products and wanting to get them as soon as possible once they're available. It's also about a little simple comaraderie with others of like persuasion. It's not unlike standing in line for tickets for a concert. Sure, it may be morphing into a publicity stunt here and there, but once hundreds start lining up—AGAIN—it's about a simple event—made up of people of many stripes and reasons...
Do you really need an explanation? Apple is obviously promoting itself by using iCloud as a sort of Trojan Horse to reach more Windoze people, and they know that many of them haven't upgraded. AND, they'd be foolish not to require the latest OSs for Apple customers for their latest services. Duoh.
Nope. That'd be like licensing the OS which Apple tried and which didn't work out at all. Outer styling, wristbands, etc., are all important aspects of the design of the product and impact the user experience. Apple needs to control that. Letting others do the "trim" would also dilute any of Apple's future efforts to protect its IP.
These are not very good photos, but what I gather from what I can make out is that little if any form work has started yet. The blue stuff is rebar which has been staged near where it will be needed. And I can see retaining walls made of steel mesh and tar paper to keep dirt from collapsing into the dug trenches. I'd say that, before the rebar starts getting laid, there may very well be more excavation. Also, there will be some sort of gravel bed spread out and carefully...
Incredibly stupid.
From the title and the early-Sunday posting time, I knew this had to be a DED piece. Apple Insider is the Daily Planet of Apple news sites, and DED is the Clark Kent of internet reporters. "Fighting a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American(Apple) Way." Love it!!!
Finally, someone actually looking at what's important--RELIABLE indicators! But that's admittedly hard if one's head is up one's ass like most commenters here,