or Connect

Posts by DanielSW

Your mini tower has arrived in the form of the new Mac Pro. Slots? Forget it. They're so '90s.
Doubt if they'll be pouring the foundation any time soon. Take a look at the plans posted on Cupertino City Council's site. The bottom of the two sub level garage is more than 30' down. They've got a lot more earth to move, to say nothing of a LOT of form work and re-bar work to do before any concrete pouring can begin.
The purpose of advertising is not to "inform" as much as it is to "position." The product is cleverly/craftily positioned with desirable other items, elements, activities, subjects, etc. to make it seem more attractive, desirable, etc. Any enlightenment about the product's features should happen at the store after the person has been lured there by the ad, and when they are in the best possible position to actually buy it.
In what universe? This is Apple. Its corporate culture is the one responsible for its current success. How many of us know more than a sliver of just what those values are? I can't imagine wanting anyone other than myself to "challenge my perceptions." I'M the one to do that--just like what I'm sure Apple wants to do.
Apple's not about to copy Samsung--especially not shotgun its ad/marketing budget ineffectively. Creating an in-house agency will enable Apple to carefully build a capable and appropriately motivated team with ample resources and budget to get out some great products at long last.
As well it should. It's called doing what's necessary in order to do one's job.
Wrong. This man-up will give Phil much more effective and controllable resources with which to do his job.
Yet another stellar armchair quarterback's idea.
The biggest, most welcome news for me was Swift.   I've been an aspiring Mac and iOS developer for too many years, diving into Objective-C, learning a few things, and then hitting a wall of apparently inadequate documentation so that I couldn't go on. Then after a period (sometimes years long), I'd take another stab at it. XCode has been refined nicely by consolidating various functions, and numerous new tutorials and even Stanford courses have become available, all to...
Bring on the disappointment posts!