or Connect

Posts by DanielSW

I am. Since I got my iPhone 6+ 128, I've not used my iPad Mini much at all. The iPhone is big enough, now, and it fits in my pocket, and it's a phone, and it's a lot faster, and it has Touch ID. 'Nuff said. Bottom line for Apple in any event, though, is that if it's not selling adequately, then it gets axed. That's nature. That's business. Apple doesn't have to pander to minority fringes who'll always find SOMETHING to complain about. Now I'm interested in a large iPad, as...
Get out or your muck of thinking! This will be yet another game changer, and its effects will be profound and FAST!
There is a chasm of difference between "thinking" and "looking." You're doing way too much of the former which may very well color the latter. Silly.
Wrong. DED is just taking this choice opportunity to use some colorful language in his editorial. The fact of the matter is that SUCCESS is the best revenge. Apple is simply resolute as always in its efforts to succeed. No one including Steve really wanted expensive litigation. Apple simply held to its principles and kept producing great products, which was itself the only effective "attack" on Samsung. You can't sue a criminal, as they'll never pay. Apple has no intent to...
I kind of doubt that they pay much attention to that crap, except from an overt public relations stance. Apple itself knows better than anyone how well they're doing, after all. How many companies have their customers routinely line up days in advance for their new products—worldwide?! How many companies have their own retail stores, to say nothing of the NUMBER of retail stores they have and operate profitably—worldwide?! How many companies have cash reserves in the...
Wrong. Absolutely NOTHING is inevitable, and as long as you try to predict the future by extrapolating from the past, you'll continue to be wrong. Apple's culture is fundamentally different than Samsung's. It should be obvious by simply observing Samsung's products and from observing how the company has conducted itself in various areas: patent infringement, litigation, advertising, etc. The words "belligerent", "unscrupulous", "boorish", "out of touch" come to mind. All...
I just priced online a new 5K iMac for my wife ($3K) and think it's pretty incredible that Apple as kept its pricing about the same for their top of the line machines for many years. We upgrade for the incremental speed boosts and OS compatibility, and the new machines are the best Macs we've ever owned over a span of nearly 30 years.   I consider Apple's R&D spending entirely appropriate, as I appreciate the continual improvements in performance and aesthetics. As...
I think Watch will establish a new sweet spot for 21st century watches.   Since my first iPhone I stopped wearing watches. Couldn't ever justify the extravagance of a Rolex or Movado, as much as I've liked their looks, either. As all I've ever wanted from a watch was the time, the display on my iPhone filled the bill.   But now that Apple has designed the Watch, I'm looking forward to new functions and purposes for a "wrist-mounted display." The heart-rate monitor...
Who cares if a bunch of writers aren't impressed? After all, they're compelled to pander to their chronically skeptical readership.   Touch ID is a majorly important feature for any and all iDevices, as people's often sensitive data is normally shared across all such devices, and Touch ID enables both enhanced security of such along with effortless access to these devices with the touch of a finger.   I had an iPhone 5 when the 5s appeared with Touch ID, so I missed...
Why don't you grow up--even just a little.