or Connect

Posts by DanielSW

". . . parallels with Apple of the 1990s. . ."!!!! Ridiculous. As pathetically stooooopid as all of this rampant compulsion to predict the future by looking into the past.

They're NOT inferior screens, you dunce! We don't need another screen size to fragment the platform. As it is all existing apps will run on the Mini without modification. It has the same pixel count as the iPad, which makes it a higher resolution--in the direction of retina, which is a good thing. A retina display would have given you something else to complain about--an even higher price.
Totally agree. Well put!
Totally agree. Well put!
As usual, DED, good article. I think TC really enjoyed the opportunity to make those incisive remarks personally. It was both a good capper to Apple's remarkable efforts to get these new products to market, and it was free ad and prelude to a staggeringly good holiday season for Apple and its customers.
Thank you, Steve. I'd being doing something entirely different today if it weren't for Apple and its many fine products which I've used over the decades now to make my "music."
Who cares what a few egotistical designers think? I like skeuomorphism and welcome its further development. Perhaps is "fails" only in the cases where it hasn't gone *far enough* towards realism--the purpose of which is to communicate visually and more effectively and intuitively how to control and interpret the app. Objections to such may be borne simply from the designer's laziness or ineptitude in creating adequate realism in the UI.
You're totally missing the point of computers. They're MACHINES!. They'll never be smart. You don't know what smart means. They'll never be intelligent. You don't know what intelligent means.   They're MACHINES. They have to be told what to do and when to do it. That's not smart. That's not intelligent.   They'll never surpass humans--unless you only consider the machine aspect of humans. Unless humans continue to devolve into machines themselves.   There...
"All be treated the same?" Sounds like the Russian communist rhetoric of 100 years ago. Notice how all that worked out?