or Connect

Posts by ChristophB

My bad - yours is not willful ignorance. Me, I won't move to your BFE so I'll settle for the choice of GigE from Google or gig from AT&T or Time Warner trying to catch up. Wait, some might call that competition.Crazy that "free" now means T1 providers dropping $60b in capital a year to try to keep current.
/sOnly great thing the FCC has done has done was fine CBS for fooling me into seeing JJ's booby. Funny that JT is now doing Apple ads. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
So MLB, PSN, Activision, NFL, Blizzard, and more have to suffer cause Netflix drops more packets on comcast than their peering points with Verizon, AT&T, SPRINT and others can maintain? They were crushing latency sensitive stuff. This level of willful ignorance is shocking to me.P.S. So again, where is the deep packet inspection that you QFT'd? Shaping on an IP block is so 1995.
The ones in your mind.
Seriously, which carriers do you think are even thinking about deep packet inspection to engineer your experience, hide content and direct your thoughts? This is area 51 shit.
Way to move the goal posts.
The fiber and copper is not a public utility. It does, in many cases use public land but companies pay leases for the land, access, perform the work themselves (or private contracts), provide all that copper, fiber, equipment, pay for power, and provide end to end support . Companies enter franchise agreements with municipalities that are lucrative for the municipalities who require the carrier to meet service levels. If people don't like the access they have they...
4/8 is indeed assigned to Level3 as a result of acquisition. What happened to the rest of BBN outside of BBN Planet is.....?IAB wasn't formed until the mid 80s with ARIN and IANA formed much later as the U.S. Gov divested.I'll ask John how they lost those assignments next time I see him.
Then I have it backwards. Thought BBN got a slice in 1992 when prepping for their ISP business and GE got there's in '93 or '94.I'm astonished that Xerox doesn't have a single digit /8.Edit: funny bit of history, I was at a conference in Cambridge back before the commercial Internet and talking with engineers from DEC. Their learned consensus was that DECnet was the future and IP was a fad. Those guys must have gone to work for the carriers that didn't pick GSM.
MS recently (2013) bought a bunch of Nortel allocations at auction for $11 per IP. They still had to justify the use to ARIN or ARIN could have yanked them back.