or Connect

Posts by ChristophB

I have to thank you cause I saw the mess you ran into and instead of doing the over-the-air version, I went straight to the plug into iTunes and did the restore. A few of my AppleTVs were running dev beta already and couldn't be upgraded except by the Restore method.Apple really screwed the pooch on this one. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
1. Plug the micro-usb into the AppleTV2. Plug the power cord into the AppleTV3. iTunes will mount the device and you'll see it under Devices like a CD or iPhone.4. Select it and the Summary tab will offer one option - Restore5. Accept License Agreement and wait for the download and restore.Edit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US explains it better cause it covers all gens. Gen1 was power before usb cable I think.
A compromise would be to permit the user to select their own value according to carrier agreed to recommended levels. Include a no limit with a one-time warning for people like us that select unlimited. I too am unlimited on iPhone and iPad.Edit: Oops, didn't see your later post until.... later.
Seen messages like that when there is excessive lint completing contacts inside the connector. Try some compressed air and if that doesn't work, take it to the Genius bar and let them clean it out with a tool they have. If they break it probing around it's on them.
I am, admittedly, analyst speak ignorant. Can someone explain setting a target $40 lower then the current trade price? He was wrong at $450 and thinks more wrong is right? I guess this firm already had a SELL recommendation?
An iCloud account = an AppleID = free. An iTunes AppleID can be started with an iTunes gift card.
I watched the event streamed from cnn.com. The ad pushed before the steam started was a for a Droid something. I don't get how they think that people eager to use their time to watch an Apple Event are a legit target for the Droid. I hope they paid money to run an ad that I Cmd-Tab'd away from.
I'd forgotten the rMBP fix, yep. It still persisted on the late 2012 27" iMac hardware. Fortunately I had several platforms to fall back to other than the iMac. I'm very happy with their support.
I had the same crash issues installing 6 over 5 - crash before I got the EULA dialog almost immediately upon load. I did http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1017838 ,restarted, then fresh installed 6 and it solved my issue. You will have to repopulate the Virtual Machine Library. Don't do Import on items that are not a Bootcamp partition. Just File --> Open.
I've had issues with 5 on newer iMacs and MBPs such as having to disable graphics acceleration because running a jvm under Windows 7 would bluescreen the guest. Network connectivity has been problematic with Mavericks - virtual interfaces becoming orphaned. This new version seems to have resolved both of those issues (so far).