or Connect

Posts by ChristophB

An iCloud account = an AppleID = free. An iTunes AppleID can be started with an iTunes gift card.
I watched the event streamed from cnn.com. The ad pushed before the steam started was a for a Droid something. I don't get how they think that people eager to use their time to watch an Apple Event are a legit target for the Droid. I hope they paid money to run an ad that I Cmd-Tab'd away from.
I'd forgotten the rMBP fix, yep. It still persisted on the late 2012 27" iMac hardware. Fortunately I had several platforms to fall back to other than the iMac. I'm very happy with their support.
I had the same crash issues installing 6 over 5 - crash before I got the EULA dialog almost immediately upon load. I did http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1017838 ,restarted, then fresh installed 6 and it solved my issue. You will have to repopulate the Virtual Machine Library. Don't do Import on items that are not a Bootcamp partition. Just File --> Open.
I've had issues with 5 on newer iMacs and MBPs such as having to disable graphics acceleration because running a jvm under Windows 7 would bluescreen the guest. Network connectivity has been problematic with Mavericks - virtual interfaces becoming orphaned. This new version seems to have resolved both of those issues (so far).
Anyone having issues getting it to download? I keep getting "Error Occurred while processing the request" from Safari and Firefox. I wonder if it's cause I'm using Mavericks....
10Mbps compressed != 40Mbps compressed. I have no doubt that iTunes downloads are catered to the horsepower that is available on the least of the platforms available. The current AppleTV has a lesser CPU than last year's iPad. And the post I replied to stated that AppleTV was going to compete directly with consoles like the PS4. My opinion differs as the current can't compete with the PS3.
I'll bite - Anyone who games that doesn't PC game.AppleTV is user interface and transport medium that barely keeps up with mid-level 1080p streamed rendering. It has a shot at parity with heavily subsidized $499.99 consoles?
Brilliant! Thanks mate. When did they add that? I never saw it in any beta release notes.
Something as simple as allowing the enduser to scale and reorder the icons would be a huge step. I don't need such massive buttons on 65" or bigger displays.