or Connect

Posts by ChristophB

Any current AppleID that is a valid email address can be used to create the iCloud ID. It's the MobileMe ones that'll require a migration. You'll keep the gmail.com and it will be both your iTunes account AppleID and your iCloud name. My dev iCloud account was a gmail address I use for junk.
Been running this for a while. It won't migrate my AppleID because it does not meet the minimum requirement. You can migrate the primary MobileMe account first but there were problems doing MobileMe admin after.
They can be different and things work just fine. iTunes Store config and iCloud account configs are in different places and I can't think of a place they HAVE to converge where it created a problem. People can have several AppleIDs. Pain in the ass though if you create a new iCloud and try to get MobileMe syncing and iCloud sync with the same things. Lots of recursive sync. Took me weeks to clean up bookmarks.I won't convert my AppleID until they make me. It's old school...
Hint: Convert the master account last.
I think you have the complete list right there.
If I could make an iPod device that supported the Apple integration with my cars' audio systems, the system in the boat and supported Apple Lossless, I'm game. Or are AppleTVs, iTunes and iPods supporting FLAC soon?
Surely we need RAM in the Cloud when it's more practical to just have it in your machine.
ConradJoe - "Nobody needs that much storage in a pocketable device."People here use it and daily.ConradJoe - "Apple now makes products that appeal to the broad masses."They own the iPod space already. And I wouldn't describe their market share for OS or their Macs targeting the broad masses.Conradjoe - "If you insist on using 20th century technology, here's a choice for you:"They'd better stop shipping all spinny drives on all Macs regardless of need or cost.Conradjoe in...
Hyperbole much? You've offered very little to back up your statements.
iPod controls are integrated into my vehicle's audio system. I don't click wheel or multi-touch on any iDevice while driving or boating. I don't want to pay for features I won't use. The pod is locked inside the console 99.9% of the time - taken out when I (OMG!) buy a CD.Look, I'm not an iPod only user. I have a 2 Classics, an iPhone, two iPads, two MBPs using Apple MagicMouses & Apple Trackpads. Yuh wanna make a touch version of the classic using cheap storage,...