or Connect

Posts by ChristophB

Have a Classic in reserve and a replacement battery and display from ifixit just in case theY discontinue with no notice as is the norm. I use only lossless encodes and 160GB barely contains my current music library. I am not a member of Gen-MP3.
I didn't mean to imply law. Phone makers making handsets for single carriers with features exclusive to that carrier and the carrier being able to block access to services outside their network has impeded the market (IMHO). There has been an unholy alliance between CEs and carriers. Apple is bucking that system.The difference is there's no service price difference for a subsidized phone and one that's not. I'm beyond my 2 year commit with my carrier and they didn't...
Apple is on to something and I think they'll follow through. They have a handset that consumers will swap carriers to get. IF they can pull off building a version that works on the major 3 (US), I'll be first in line to pay full price and then bargain between the carriers in my usage areas for a voice, MSG and data plan that doesn't include paying the subsidy and signing a contract. My question is, will any others in the U.S. do the same? Apple will hand control back to...
I'd like them to incorporate both so I can unlock my iPhone or activate secure services, VPN connects, locking down some apps and functions using two factors. More useful on an iPad I guess which has a tendency to be passed around. How about two voice passwords combine with a finger print for two levels of access? Letting someone use maps or safari is fine but no ability to lock down mail, contacts, photo albums, etc damages my calm Add a third voice password for duress...
My voice is my passport. Verify me.
Smoken!!!!
Very good questions.
Sounds like a good summary of the situation. I kinda like it that Verizon wants to play the game heads up instead of reaching out to big brother to beat down someone.
For me - I dont give up my liberty or sense of the individual for convenience. As long as I think Apple agrees with that principle, I'll buy their products.
Empowered to be spineless. They get paid by the Party! When the party calls me I tell them to suck it cause I give me property (news flash:money is property) to the individual, not the group. Our politicians are spineless because they are permitted. That happens with a corporation? The only things that save them are buyout for some unrelated value or government grant or loan garranty (gift from taxpayers yet to be BORN!).