or Connect

Posts by karmadave

This. Apple wouldn't necessarily need to buy Tesla. They could form a join venture that would build specific vehicles leveraging the strengths of both companies. Tesla's current manufacturing facility was previously a joint-venture between GM and Toyota. GM eventually pulled out of the joint venture and Tesla bought (or leased) the factory. Now if Tesla could just build a vehicle they can sell for under $50K...
Ars Technica has the most thorough review of Windows 10 I've seen.    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/review-windows-10-is-the-best-version-yet-once-the-bugs-get-fixed/   My take is that Windows 10 corrects many of the flaws, in Windows 8, while introducing a few 'quirks' of its own. 
Probably the same reason Apple has not brought a touch screen to the Mac. Just because they *can* doesn't mean they *should*. These types of voice interfaces make perfect sense on a phone or tablet where the ability to use a keyboard and/or mouse are limited. I would probably not use Siri much, on myMac, should Apple decide to make it available. I suspect Apple probably puts it's focus on the 'most requested' features and Siri has probably yet to make the cut...
Apple is one of the most highly speculated stocks and what's the old adage. 'Buy on expectations. Sell on results'. I think Apple had another spectacular earnings quarter. Especially for a Q3 which is historically one of their softest quarters. The only blotch, in my opinion, is the decline in iPad sales. I think Apple needs to turn this around as well as have a blow-out next iPhone launch. Apple Watch will be a big (FY)Q1 seller as many will buy these for holiday gifts....
Yep. The iTunes Store and Apple Music are down...
The emergence of 'The Cloud' is THE most disruptive trend in the last 10 years. Microsoft has been very aggressive in moving their business customers to a cloud-centric model before Amazon and Salesforce do.  Apple uses their Cloud-based offerings to add value to their (consumer) ecosystem with limited success. I personally think Apple has finally got it mostly right, but their focus will always be on adding value to their consumer ecosystem... 
Translation. Our mobile strategy has failed and we are going back to being a software company and selling subscriptions of Office Suite on other mobile platforms (iOS and Android). My prediction is they find a buyer for the Nokia handset division similar to what Google did with Motorola. At least their new CEO had the foresight to stop the bleeding...
I agree. Been using iTunes Match, for a couple years, and recently started the 90-day Apple Music trial. It would be nice to have a more in-depth paper discussing how these two interact...
Top executives, at Silicon Valley companies, make big bucks. Deal with it!   In this case, she was probably awarded stock for leaving Burberry where she was their well-paid CEO...
Glad I ordered the Sport Edition, which btw arrived on Friday (4/27)   Still getting familiar with the watch and am presently surprised how light and comfortable it is. Used it on my run, this AM, and I really like being able to check status on my wrist as my iPhone is inconveniently in my running belt. I am under no illusions that this is a perfect product (when is any 1.0 version?), but I really am happy with it so far...