or Connect

Posts by karmadave

I can't see Amazon being sucessful selling an Android phone, especially if Google is struggling to compete in the handset business and finally threw in the towel. But hey, Bezos is welcome to throw his smartphone into the ring and give it a go...
Problem, for Microsoft, is they still don't have a decent tablet OS so any 'improvements' would need to be made on touch and developer support. My constantly trying to 'extend the PC' they developed an OS that is neither a tablet or desktop OS...
I've played with the Dell 8" Windows tablet and based on my experience I think MS would be smart to kill the product. Windows 8 tablets are really just hybrid laptops and an 8" screen is simply too small to be useful. This why MS went with a 12" screen for the Surface Pro 3.
Apple should buy Nuance and not let it fall into the hands of a competitor.
I'm thinking this might actually turn out to be a pretty good deal for consumers and Apple. They get the cache of Iovine and Dre plus a pretty thriving headphone and speaker business. It may not appeal to 'cork sniffers', but their products are very popular especially with the under 30 crowd. Combined with Apple marketing machine this deal could pay for itself several times. Especially if their music streaming service really takes off...
Personally, I think this is really a 'head fake', by Apple, and we'll all be talking about the iWatch announcement by next Monday. One can hope. Can't they? 😜
I am sure Apple has lots of things in their labs that never see the light of day. It makes zero sense for Apple to 'switch' from Intel to ARM for their traditional desktop and laptop products. However, if products like the Surface Pro 3 take off it might make sense for Apple to offer a competing Laptop/Tablet hybrid. Apple is also likely testing Intel-based Atom processors in their tablets should Intel make some huge breakthrough in terms of power/performance. Apple no...
Yep and he chose #1 which is why Apple is being investigated by the DOJ...
Non-compete agreements are illegal under US Antitrust Laws. Normally, such agreements are used to keep prices high or divide territories. I can't remember when companies colluded to 'fix' the price of labor. Whether and how the courts will rule on this will set the tone for years to come, in Silicon Valley. While I suspect Steve Jobs was mostly concerned with loosing talented engineers and not trade secrets or keeping salary costs down, it's the effects of these that will...
I think they should keep the basic design, which works VERY well, and just upgrade the screen resolution. It doesn't have to be Retina quality, but it should at least be 1920 x 1080 on the 13" MBA.   Apple doesn't need to put ARM into a MacBook. I'd like to see them up the screen resolution, in the current Haswell-based MBA, since Broadwell won't be shipping until at least this Fall...