or Connect

Posts by karmadave

This was a prudent move on Meg's part, but much damage has been done to HP's brand and reputation. I know this may come as a surprise to some, but HP really only cares about it's corporate customers. Consumer PC's ARE money loser for the company. As for WebOS and the tablets/smartphone business they acquired from Palm, I would look for HP to sell, spin-off, shut it down altogether and go with an Android + Windows strategy. This is a huge cash sink and not something that...
In my opinion, Apple's ability to successfully bring such a product to market will be a true test of their ability to execute post-SJ...
Walter Isaacson was also on the Daily Show with John Stewart...
Lack of content is what killed GoogleTV. In typically Google fashion, they failed to work out agreements with the content providers/owners. Maybe after NetFlix's recent stock 'adjustment' Apple could buy them? NFLX (Nasdaq) is down 35% today and has a market cap of $4B. In my opinion, Content IS King. The thing that made the iPod so appealing is the ability to purchase content directly from the iTunes Store and have it instantly loaded onto the device. Could this model...
Thank you Apple for making this available...
I could definitely see an improved Apple TV, but think Apple would have to do something REALLY different to compete against Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, etc. if anyone could pull this off it's Apple...
I happen to think that Android is a cheap knock-off of iOS, but that's just my own person bias. The real issue has less to do with product, in my opinion, and more to do with business models. Apple, under Steve Jobs, has always followed the 'vertically-integrated' model whereby Apple develops the hardware, software, and most of the distribution channels thus insuring they control the entire customer experience. Google follows the more 'horizontal' model whereby they focus...
Steve Jobs lived life on his own terms. We don't know for sure if putting off surgery lessoned his chances, but in hindsight it certainly didn't help him. I remember after the surgery they announced that the tumor was fully removed. But cancer is a tricky disease because it can re-appear at anytime and in any place. I am just thankful for the time we did have Steve Jobs with us. It's obvious from the speech he gave at Stanford, that as a Buddhist he believed in the cycle...
Seems that Samsung has more to gain keeping Apple as a customer than selling their own iPhone knock-offs. Of course if they don't violate any of Apple's patents (or pay a license fee) they are welcome to market their own devices. Since most of the 'secret sauce' is really software, I think Apple has a better shot going after Google.
The activation is done by the carrier. AT&T must be overloaded. It makes little financial sense for AT&T to build out a massive infrastructure necessary to handle these types of spikes. User requests will eventually be serviced and people will complaints will be forgotten (until the next big release)...