or Connect

Posts by karmadave

The carriers are unlikely to stop subsidizing the iPhone UNLESS they are prohibited from locking customers into a 2 year contract. Since I see no indication this is happening anytime soon I'd say this analyst's opinion is just that. An opinion and you know what they say about options. Opinions are like assholes and everybody has one
I very much Steve Jobs was putting on a 'show' when he made his comments about Android. Anyone who's been around this industry, for a while, knows that Microsoft pulled the same BS on Apple with Windows. Steve was probably having a visceral reaction to Google's change of direction, with Android, post iPhone introduction.
The Dell XPS 13 is the nicest non-Apple Ultrabook I have seen. (the MBA is an Ultrabook IMO). If you are a Windows person or your organization doesn't support Macs, the XPS 13 is definitely worth considering...
I've been waiting for 1080p before buying an AppleTV. Thanks!
As I predicted when iPad was announced Apple is making incremental, but useful updates to the platform. They are the most focused and diciplined company on the planet. Adding 4G is probably most useful to corporations, while Consumers will benefit most from the higher resolution display and graphics. Good job Apple. Your competitors are still trying to catch up with the iPad 2 and you've set the bar even higher. This will be another HUGE seller for Apple!
I personally think Apple would be making a big mistake not offering their Pro customers and upgrade path to Sandy Bridge Xeon. There are a lot of creative professionals in Music, Video, Graphics, etc. that would likely migrate to PC platforms...
I love some of the comments here Intel has a 'level playing field' when it comes to top tier OEM's (Apple, HP, Dell, etc.) getting access to their latest/greatest microprocessors. Only Intel knows the reason for Ivy Bridge delays. Everything I've read says systems, with Ivy Bridge, will be shipping sometime in June...
This is where having an Operations guy, like Tim Cook, at the helm makes a huge difference. Better component features are of little use if you don't have a reliable supply. Intel's CPU manufacturing capabilities are un-matched in the industry. AMD may have some good (and in some cases better) designs, but if they can't reliably produce them, in volume, companies will stick with Intel...
I think the Streak 5 proved that there's really a limited market for a 5" Android phone. I still have mine, but never really took to it. The thing is simply too big to fit in my pocket and too small for use as a tablet. My biggest issue with Samsung, and most of the Android handset manufacturers, is that they really don't add much value to the overall user experience and are more of less integrating technology from others. This doesn't really create a unique user...
Neither of these guys were Boy Scouts. They were shrewd, brilliant businessmen with different (and in most cases complimentary) visions of computing. They are really the yin and the yang. One could not have been sucessful without the other. As much as I've always detested Gates, for his business tactics, I admire his philanthropy. Jobs single-minded focus on perfection rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but he certainly cared about end users and showed drove Apple to...