or Connect

Posts by karmadave

I could see Oracle buying WebOS for the patent portfolio. It could help Larry in his battle against Google. Apple, on the other hand, has nothing to benefit from purchasing the IP to WebOS. They've already got an industry-leading smartphone and tablet OS and have hired away many of the most talented WebOS programmers. If HP were smart, they'd force Oracle and Google into a bidding war and drive the sales price as high as possible...
I am sure Apple is already aware of their MacOS and iOS security holes and prefers not to make them public. The biggest stick they have, since they must approval all AppStore apps, is to kick violators out of the program. Charlie may be a good hacker, but he lacks basic common sense IMHO.
Seriously, if I were Jobs' widow I would go to court to trademark his name and likeness. It might keep the money grubbers from trying to make a fast buck off his name and work...
Put me down in the camp of right on killing the Courier. This is a product that could have been done somewhere else, but not Microsoft. M$ bet the farm on Windows years ago and is not about to detour now. The exception being Xbox which is a pure consumer product. Whether the Apple faithful like it or not Windows is by far the dominant OS in Business. That's why Apple made sure iOS could access Exchange. They (Apple) are still lacking when it comes to tools for deployment,...
Huh? Pete doesn't have any problem selling his music on iTunes. I would have loved to see Pete cross swords with Steve Jobs. Perhaps they did and Pete is just holding a grudge. There's no mention of it in the book, although they do go into quite a bit of detail about Jobs dealings with the major record labels. Two things Steve would not give on were 1) 99 cents per song (un-bundled albums) 2) absolutely NO royalty on iPod sales! After the Napster debacle I could see how...
I'd like to see Apple go to a mini-tower form factor and knock $1,000 off the list price. The main problem with sales are two-fold 1) none of the top MCAD/EDA, GIS, or Imaging Apps are certified for MacOS and 2) it's too damn expensive to sell in volume. I still feel strongly that Apple needs a machine for the high-end professional, but the price they charge significantly limits it's volume. Change the form factor, cut the price and you have a viable product.
This was a prudent move on Meg's part, but much damage has been done to HP's brand and reputation. I know this may come as a surprise to some, but HP really only cares about it's corporate customers. Consumer PC's ARE money loser for the company. As for WebOS and the tablets/smartphone business they acquired from Palm, I would look for HP to sell, spin-off, shut it down altogether and go with an Android + Windows strategy. This is a huge cash sink and not something that...
In my opinion, Apple's ability to successfully bring such a product to market will be a true test of their ability to execute post-SJ...
Walter Isaacson was also on the Daily Show with John Stewart...
Lack of content is what killed GoogleTV. In typically Google fashion, they failed to work out agreements with the content providers/owners. Maybe after NetFlix's recent stock 'adjustment' Apple could buy them? NFLX (Nasdaq) is down 35% today and has a market cap of $4B. In my opinion, Content IS King. The thing that made the iPod so appealing is the ability to purchase content directly from the iTunes Store and have it instantly loaded onto the device. Could this model...