or Connect

Posts by NOFEER

   should have just bought out dropbox i can upload any file to it and share iphoto to Photos has been a mess with me tried everything didn't have enough permissions dropbox never asks me about permission  i didn't want to pay twice for cloud service i already have 3 just to make sure i had options hoping    could see the light and make this work my goodness everyone else can upload and backup stuff what's    missing   in order to get my iPhoto library to work...
this was on    support discussions it worked for me now my iPhoto library is uploading after trying everything from rebuilding, repairing, etc    lumpygumboApr 12, 2015 2:19 PM  Re: Opening Photos first time from iPhoto on external drive - Please help!!in response to lumpygumboSolved Just an update: for my issue (not being able to open iPhoto library with Photos), the fudge I did worked out alright. If anyone else gets the same problem (on the off-chance), here's a...
had some problems when i started photos    it only uploaded 800 pics   of my  8000+ (and videos)   i checked around and didn't realize my iPhoto was using "iPhoto library 2"   photos accessed my primary pic library didn't give me a choice of libraries   after investigating i found a way to manually upload/ choose my library tried that and after 4% got error "not enough permission"  did disk utility to repair my permissions didn't work (i was directed to this...
I just found thisWhat if my iPhoto library is 500GB and I only have 10GB free on my Mac?Thanks to some under-the-hood wizardry from Apple, your photos won't duplicate when you import your library from iPhoto/Aperture to Photos. As such, you won't need to have 500GB of extra space.http://m.imore.com/photos-os-x-faqFrom the above article ---VERY HELPFULhttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204476THat describes this magicPhotos saves disk space by sharing images with your iPhoto...
what is net effect on storage?   my iPhoto is about 78 gb  including .avi and .mov   video   my late 2013 mbpr has about 18gb free  (should have purchased the 512gb ssd) i'm getting the transcend jet drive lite (128gb)  to enhance my storage   i don't have much leighway    so once i set up new photo  and choose "optimize"  will it then duplicate my iPhoto library??   if all goes well  then i should be able to transfer my iPhoto library to external...
this is new.......some updates haven't worked like    has said i do trust the people on this forum they will give unbiased assessments of the productreality often doesn't reflect what    saysbefore i invest in this update, i try not to get burned......some have reported bricking their macsi don't want to be one of themstill i would like to see others experience with this update and perhaps ......tell the truth its a forum for sharing......so thanks for the apple...
does it reduce the physical size of your "photos" i was looking forward to this pushing my photos to the cloud and saving me valuable ssd space
this isn't sillyi've got 14k photos (prob 12k selfies of my daughter---argh)   hope i canbasically i've got 256gb and can't upgrade (could with transcend lite) butanyone---is it saving ssd valuable space??? i'm doing my super duper clone tonight and watching this forum .........close
great great post---give me content ---this talk of 4k reminds about how we were convinced 3-d was what we needed, no content and 30-40% of people couldn't see "the 3-D "this tech salivation spec-gasm must stop(but won't) i love my 720 atv 2 because it GIVES ME ACCESSits all about access, content and choice--so lets have italso can i get an answer about compression i read somewhere that the 1080 from    doesn't use much more data than 720--is that true??you know as cable...
WOW thanks great insights