or Connect

Posts by WisdomSeed

I actually had a blue crash twice yesterday. The screen turned blue for about a second and the phone restarted, without my prompting it. Then it happened again less then three minutes later. When it restarted, I quite all running apps and haven't had a problem since. But it shook me to see my, not even two week old 5s go through it like that. And the message thing would be nice to see fixed as well.
I didn't go to the Apple store to purchase my 5s. I went to Target, but their mobile store didn't open until 11. So I noticed the line at the AT&T store, which opened early just to sell the iPhone. They sold the last two 5s about three spots ahead of me. The two people in line in front of me were upgrading from 3Gs. They passed on the 5c's, which were still available (I was kinda surprised by that). So I walked over the the Radio Shack, which opened at 10 (it was about 9)...
I don't think they were anywhere near evenly split. I saw people walk when the 5s ran out, rather than get a 5c. A lot of people were even upgrading from the 5, for which a 5c would've been a down grade. There is an audience for the 5c, but it isn't one that would stand in line or make a great effort towards getting the phone on the first roll out. Okay, I'm sure there was a small percentage willing to move to last years model with the price drop, but the vast majority of...
Why are they blocking those apps, that is the mistake.
Don't go picking on analysts, nobody gets it 'right'. It's kind. Of amazing that they keep trying and failing in the spectacular manner they do. It makes me wonder if there are rumor and insider websites dedicated to other companies. I imagine that the knic of speculation Apple endures is visited on other companies, just not with the same amount of public dedication. Gene Munster is not the worst of the bunch, and there is a bunch.
I wouldn't use saving trees as a reason to go electronic. More paper, more trees cut down. More trees cut down, more trees grown. I would use speed and reliability as a reason to go electronic, much more quicker to update than paper, and paper sucks when you try to increase the font size.
It is a product that lends itself to good advertising, which is ironic for a company that has struggled with commercials on its own products. I still think Apple TV would have a lot more content if commercials were allowed in the tv shows on the iTunes Store. I like the extended version best.
 Good point
I agree that Touch ID is massively underrated. I see it as a definite paradigm shift. And a very licensable technology. I want it on the front door and the refrigerator. The sped and accuracy of it is amazing.
I have to say, his job is not an easy one. There are a lot of cats that have to be herded when making projections about Apple's stock. Their supply chain looks more like a squid than an octopus, it is a very big company, making a lot of moves, some more obvious than others. That said, I was listening to, I think it was, a Freakonomics podcast and they were talking about prognostications and the people who make them. It seems that in order to become a legend, you only have...