or Connect

Posts by old_bean

[quote]Originally posted by Relic: Geesh guys! Give this guy a break, he 's already made up his mind to go for the PC. It's only a tool, his friends use PC's in college so it's only natural he'll use one. After his four years of playing video games are up he'll come back to the Mac for business. Besides you can't tell me a good PC wont do reports or be a viable solution for any college task. Please be open-minded and help him make the transition. So that being...
[quote]Originally posted by alcimedes: in this case i would say that MS office is your best bet. every Uni i've ever heard of has office on their machines, and Office docs are seemless between platforms. as for rendering? you're more likely to run into problems between browsers than between platforms. if they wrote decent code, you should be fine there as well. as for easy to use tool vs. source of worries? i'd say the mac is the worry free machine of the...
Does the Nokia 6610 phone work with iSync? And if not which, if any Nokia phones, do?
To continue, in a sense, the earlier discussion about Palm vs. Pocket PC, I'm also in the market for a handheld. Money isn't really an object, so I'm looking at getting the best thing that I can. While I like the look of the new Tanstung from Palm, the UI and software doesn;t look, at least, any different from what has come before, while the likes of the iPaq look much more interesting and advanced. Basically I'd appreciate some advice, but most importantly of all - do you...