or Connect

Posts by nosey

How could anyone miss it? The Princess Bride...
Oh, and a linkiepoo: linkipoo the french were forced out of North America by the British conquering Quebec... I don't think the 'dsold' anything to America.
There was an interesting little article in the Globe and Mail a while back about how, over the years, a superpower stops being the biggest and greatest and just becomes another country. When all the wars have been won, all the terrirtories have been 'governed' and the main goal seems to be maintaining the status quo instead of advancing progress... Britain did it, France did it... the United States will follow suit. This may be their last hurrah..
Pussies... I used to live in Manning Park BC at a Ski resort... 2 feet to 3 feet most evenings (and once 5 feet in a day) with it dropping to -20 for most nights... Didn't have a proper window in the living room so we had little snow drifts in the cabin... Of course, once you started skiing you didn't notice... 8^) Last year, while livign in Camrose, it was much worse... No snow to speak of, but damn cold weather. I had my computer set up in what was considerd the...
[quote]Originally posted by serrano: This, I had, to share. Apologies if Defiant has beaten me to it, it's just such a chore to wade through this thread. >image removed because it should only be posted once... EVER< You can thank the poster above who suggested google image search.
To quote from Galaxy Quest "That's just plain wrong!" I have to go rinse my eyes out with some nice, comforting hydrochloric acid now... Thanks...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: Now that my baby PB is finally en route, I in the hunt for a digital camera. While iPhoto is nice and simple and all, I wonder if there aren't better (faster, slimmer) alternatives to iPhoto for use on the mac. The thing that bugs me about iPhoto is that it does little iAppy proprietary things (or so I've read on these and other pages) like forcing photos into a hidden DB, and refusing to work on external HDD's? Is that right,...
Subwoofers are the worst things for apartment buildings, especially wooden ones, because the vibrations will travel through the oddest spaces. I lived in a nice 50's apartment building in Victoria, and one day there was this incredibly loud music thumping through the walls. I could hear everything... bass, treble, voices... Kinda rare. I had to go down a hallway, past a set of stairs to find a person who was listening to his music at a normal volume, but I recognized the...
Is Picasa faster than iPhoto?
I was hoping for a 'browser' feature where you could skim through archived thumbnails, see one you want, click on it and have iPhoto ask you to 'insert iphoto disk x in the drive' Now that would have been really neat, and very useful if you have gobs of photos... For now, though, you can at least have fewer photos on the hard drive at any one time.
[quote]Originally posted by Addison: Wouldn't it be much better if you could control click and "Edit with...photoshop" your pics and when you finish the edit it saves is back to iPhoto correctly. The editing tools in iPhoto are too basic and not very good. Is there is a plug in that add this function?
You could try PixelNhance by Caffeine Software. Just drag your photo from iPhoto to the dock (or icon) of pixelnhance, make your...