or Connect

Posts by cxc273

I don't know how Apple reconciles the Pro line's larger storage capacity if the company trends everything to the Air's profile. I doubt that Apple would leave a conventional hard drive in. With the price of SSDs right now, is it feasible for the new Macbooks to top off at 512 GB, or is that still too crazy expensive? I would love a 13" laptop with the form factor of the MBA but with lots of storage.
I think a new Apple TV would almost certain have to be 1080p capable. My question is, what else will it have? I agree with some other folks who miss the onboard storage with the original Apple TV. I'm not really sure, though, if Apple will ever revive that. I'd love to hook up an external hard drive to the device instead of having to run an old Mac Mini constantly. I've got three of the current generation Apple TVs and don't know if I'll replace all three of them. If...
I find it difficult -- but not impossible -- to imagine an $80 price hike on the next generation iPad. Based on Apple's recent history with new devices replacing old ones, specifically looking at the iPhone line for guidance, Apple would most likely maintain the $499 price point on a next gen iPad, much like the latest iPhone model enters the market at the $199 price point. The iPad 2 could then be sold at a lower price point, say $399 or $299 to compete with the Kindle...
I think folks sometimes confuse what Apple TV could be versus what it really is. If you're firmly within the iTunes and Apple ecosystem, the Apple TV is a very good product. However, for people who are looking to ditch cable or use a lot of non-Apple services such as Hulu Plus, Amazon on Demand, Pandora or Spotify, the device leaves a bit to be desired. A lot of the same functionality can be found through the PS3, Xbox 360 or some of the more advanced Blu-ray players...
A universal SIM would be great and hopefully foster more competition between carriers. I am not sure how that work here since we really only have two carriers. I guess you could leave AT&T for Verizon or vice versa, but given that most people sign up for two-year contracts, how useful would a universal SIM be? On top of that, AT&T charges an obscene amount of money for international roaming, so would a universal SIM allow for a traveler to choose another carrier while...
Yes, because Wall Street analysts always get things right. iOS and OS X have started to share similar features and maybe down the road the two may eventually merge, but I don't see it happening so quickly. A unified platform sounds great on paper, but at this point in time it simply doesn't work. Microsoft failed by trying to shove Windows into tablets and smartphones. The user experience and expectations on those devices are just too different from the traditional...
I hope RBC is right and the iPhone 5 launches sooner than later!
I'm pretty happy with my iPhone 4, but plan on jumping from AT&T to Verizon with the iPhone 5. It wouldn't be surprising for Apple to host its annual September event to announce the iPhone 5 and presumably new iPods with a street date in late September or early October. Although a bigger screen and faster processor are certainly welcome in the new iPhone, I would really like to see a bump in capacity to 64GB. The iPhone 4 also sports an excellent camera and I hope...
The Apple TV's got a lot of potential, but one of the big problems is that it's at the mercy of studios and networks for a lot of its streaming content. Having Netflix is huge, but I'd like to see Hulu, Pandora, and Amazon's VOD service as well, as unlikely as that may be. Finally, I'd like the Apple TV to be able to pull some of the other streams out there, like ESPN3.com or NPR. Some of that might be possible if Apple opens it up to app developers. That might also...
The touch isn't going away anytime soon. It's too much of a gateway to the iPhone and it's very good for people who don't want or can't afford the voice and data service that goes with the iPhone. I think we'll see some spec bumps like an improved processor and perhaps a better camera, but we need to keep in mind that Apple likes to preserve that $229 starting cost. So, if they can improve the product while maintaining their profit margin, they'll do it. One...