or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

See, I couldn't disagree more. I think that if the CEO of the LARGEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD has some ideas on stuff that's going on, he should probably say what those are.  I mean, I get what you're saying.  But Cook has lots of people to do those sorts of things.  He's the face of Apple, he IS Apple.  So when some backasswardass state does something idiotic, and the CEO of the LARGEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD has something to say about it, I'm all for it. Tim Cook doesn't need...
Oh, oops. :) OK, just Bing'ed "elephant" and realized that a normal one weighs something like 15,000 lbs.   Oops again. :)
 The real point to this is that Tim Cook is a classy guy, and he wants to help people.  Whatever any of us think about his job at running Apple, I think we can all agree that he is a good person who believes in the goodness of people in general.  And that's a positive thing.  I really like Tim Cook.
  Correct. This is why I don't mind the guys on StormFront so much.  They absolutely admit what the $^#% they are.  I mean, at least stand up for what you think, and don't shrink away from it.  Those guys are scum, sure.  And most of them are idiots.  But at least they admit to what they are.   Here, you see way too many people who pretend they are standing up for "freedom" or "rights" and are just bigots who are revel in racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.  It's almost WORSE!
Thank you. Ironically, earlier today, before this story was even posted and this whole "argument" even began, I wrote Tim Cook an email about how much I respected him.  And now, on AppleInsider sadly, THIS is taking place.  *sigh*
What I find (almost) funny about this whole thing is that I'm about the straightest white guy -- who also isn't poor -- you could ever run into to.  And I'm stuck here defending the rights of everyone who ISN'T LIKE ME IN THE SLISGHTEST -- it's just ... bizarre.
 To him?  Absolutely.
So you believe in racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and pretty much every other ugly idea in the Universe. Good to know.
So it's ok if I, as an atheist, have a restaurant where anyone weariing a cross or a crucifix, a Star of David or a Yarmulke, a Hajib or any Islamic paraphernalia is immediately kicked out because I don't want to "associate with them."   Good to know.
The WBC has a right to do their obnoxious, horrendous, terrible protests at funerals, et al.  Yes.  A series of laws were passed in the past few years that said that they had to be x (I don't remember the number) yards away from the funeral, but yes: They have a right to say what they want. Do I like them?  Absolutely not.  Do I agree with their right to free speech?  Yes.   PS: I don't think we need to worry about the WBC for much longer.  Most of them are old, and the...