or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Worried the system could turn out too easy to hack.  And the last effin' place I want someone gaining access to is my hotel room.
 My worry isn't my not being able to open my door, though. 
Yeah, nothing could go wrong with that.  Nope.
 An opinion, pretty much by definition, can never be proven. "Baseball is better than football."  Prove it (or disprove it).  Now, if someone said something like, "Baseball is a more popular sport than football in the US," that can easily be disproven by any number of metrics.  But that's because there are FACTS involved.  But, "Marlowe was a better writer than Shakespeare, " while being a fairly unpopular and fringe opinion (which, nonetheless is still held by some)...
 A (fact-based, scientifically arrived at) approximation is NOT THE SAME as an opinion. For the past two Presidential elections, for example, I avidly read Nate Silver and Nate Cohen, followed various polling over months.  In 2008 I correctly predicted the results in 49 of 50 states.  In 2012, I was 50 for 50.  So, in the last two elections combined I have a 99% accuracy rate. Now, let's be fair: It really isn't difficult to predict what's going to happen in CA or MS....
 As others have pointed out, that was not the point of the iPhone.  The fact that the App Store opened in July 2008, more than a year AFTER the iPhone was released should be a fairly clear piece of evidence.
 Swear, before I checked who posted it I was this -->this<-- close to hitting "Reply." :)
I think that the issue with IDC/Gartner is that they are almost always wrong -- and wrong in the exact same direction.   If one were working with no bias, then sometimes one would under-estimate, sometimes one would over-estimate.  
 Oh, man.  *shakes head* :)
 Do you plan on being stranded on a desert island sometime soon?  If so, I hope you remember to have at least a volleyball. :)