or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I really wish I had a justification to get one of these.  They look like really well-though out pieces of technology, and they sure are pretty.   Eh.  Maybe an idea for a justification will come to me in the middle of the night at some point. :)
Of course. My point is that the vast, vast majority of people who own iPhones use them for stuff like texting, taking pictures, showing those pictures to their friends, checking small pieces of data (stock price, e.g.), listening to music while walking or waiting, taking short videos, Twitter, Instagram, checking Facebook, etc.  Oh, and making calls. :)  But that's really it.   That's the majority, again.  I didn't say that there were not any outlying use cases.  Of course...
You do realize that he was being sarcastic, right?
Well, I've owned an iPhone since it was first released, same for the iPad.  I can't think of a situation where I thought to myself, "Damn!  If only I had full multi-tasking!"  *shrug*
Actually, property taxes aren't that regressive in the traditional sense, as they are based on the value of your property which, theoretically, you were not only able to purchase in the first place, but are able to continually maintain.   A great example of a regressive tax is something like the sales tax.  If Taylor Swift and I both buy the same MacBook, we pay the same tax on it, even though she's worth something like $250,000,000 and I'm -- well -- not.
Where I live, I'm about a mile from a  shoreline.  Along that shoreline are some of the most beautiful homes, huge, old mansions with gargantuan properties.  Well, the ones that are still there, anyways -- over the past 20-25 years, a lot of those properties were split up and replaced with stupid-looking McMansions that have about as much individuality as ... well, something with no individuality. Anyways ... getting back to my point ... along that shoreline is a Catholic...
 Then look at what your "individual needs" are and decide which machine is for you, and why.  If this particular machine doesn't meet your needs, get a different one.  As has been pointed out, the base MBP starts at the same price as this does.  Get that, and you get a great display, a faster  CPU, etc., and all the ports you need.   If, on the other hand, that stuff isn't important to you, get the MacBook. See how simple that was?  Jeez.  This isn't freakin' rocket science.
 My point was only that having a technically majority Christian state (whether State or state) could mean a lot of different things.  It could mean that the people really are practicing Christians who go to church, pray, and all that stuff; whereas it could also mean that a bunch of people simply identify as Christian but don't take any part in practice (like the vast majority of people I know).  Then you have countries like Nigeria, that I mentioned, that have a massive...
It's a lot more complicated than that, though. Look at many European countries, for instance, that have very low church attendance.  So, yes, the country may technically be majority Christian.  But that doesn't mean that many people (especially those under, say, 70) are taking part very often.  I've been to Europe a few times (France, Italy).  And I remember, particularly in France but also even in Italy, more than one person telling me that the churches were basically...
I don't hate the Yankees as much as my best friend does (he can't watch them win without getting slightly nauseous; or maybe that's just the beer we drank while watching the game :) ).  But I'm no fan.  I'm a Tigers fan -- was born one and will die one.