or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I would agree with you concerning most NBC content, were it not for the fact that NBC covers the Olympics, the French Open in tennis, the US Open in golf, etc.
 Can I ask where you read this?  That wouldn't bother me, anyways, as I rarely watch anything live (other than sports). I'm just curious.
 Actually, diamonds are not really diamonds in one sense.  They aren't rare at all, and the only reason they cost what they do is because of artificially created scarcity.  There's nothing special about them (unless we're talking about industrial uses). Gold, OTOH, is pretty scarce.  Something like 150,000 tons has ever been mined in all of human history.
True enough. :) But an 8 on a clock is pretty clear on a 24 hour clock.
What? 8am is 8:00. 8pm is 20:00. How could those possibly be confused?!  Or am I missing something that you're trying to say?
There are 24 hours in a day.  A 24 hour clock makes total sense. Plus, I'm guessing you don't drink.  During winter, when the sun sets at 4:30pm, I might wake up at 6 and wonder whether it's 6am or 6pm.  Looking at my iPhone and seeing 6:00 or 18:00 is an easy way to know what's going on -- and where I ended up. ;)
Yeah, I've used 24 clock on all my Macs, every iPhone, etc.  It's just way easier, and makes much more sense.
LOL  "dead laptop booting." :)  Nice.
I watch a LOT of LPGA golf -- every week, in fact (well, they aren't playing this week, but ...) and it's unbelievable how much pink you see worn, especially on Sundays.  Anyone who thinks that pink doesn't appeal to women is deluded.  Women are 51%-52% of the population more or less.  When I go to Starbucks the vast majority of women I see with smartphones or laptops have iPhones or Macs.  This will be a HUGE seller.   The podcasts I listened to after the Event seemed...
 Awwwwww :)  That doesn't seem fair!