or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Yes, there are some amazing golf courses in China, definitely. I would argue that most of the propaganda concerning China comes from the media, as opposed to from the government, though.  But that's really neither here nor there.
 I agree with you on the contact pics thing, though I don't really care too much about it. But do people really look that closely at the keyboard?  Honestly, I didn't even notice the bold OR the all-caps (which have been there for HOW MANY versions?) until they were pointed out on message boards.
 Probably true.  But there's nothing I can do about that.  *shrug*
 Oh man.  The memories of a time when /. was actually worth reading. *sigh* :(
 Whenever I hear the word "bling" now I'm reminded of Alien's epic rant about all of his "sh*t" and how awesome he is because of it.  Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it here due to language issues. :) Man, I may have to rematch that again tonight!
 There is a massive black-market.  Well, the black-market isn't as huge as it once was, now that all the major carriers in China sell the iPhone.  But before China Mobile, and before the others, there were still a lot of Chinese with iPhones.
 Nope, you're right: It's pretty huge news. And pretty much anyone should have seen this coming a mile away.  China has a middle class that grows by leaps and bounds every day.  Sure, there are a lot of poor people China -- because there are a lot of PEOPLE in China.  But there are also a lot of people who have the money to spend on premium items.   I mean, the women's tennis tour (WTA) has something like NINE tournaments in China this year.  And for those who don't really...
 Me too.
 This man should get "extra points" for the Spiro Agnew quote.  What a classic. :)
 I outright laughed out loud. OTOH, I'm not sure what that says about me. ;)