or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Yeah, right.  Now go upstairs to mom and have dinner.
I wrote this on another board, and it has to do with film not music.  But I feel it is appropriate here.   You're creating a world of fantasy that never existed.  This happens a lot, and not just in discussions concerning entertainment ("Oh, the good old days, when things were simpler and cleaner").   People look back at older films and think "Wow!  Look how good movies used to be!"  What they aren't considering is that fact that the only films that 99.9% of people...
Oh, for the love of Aphrodite ...   Do NOT start with this whole, "In my time ..."  Look, I saw the Dead 8 times (maybe 9, there was a LOT of acid involved).  I've seen Neil Young 3 times.  ****.  I've seen Dylan multiple times.   I still like Taylor Swift.  That's ok, you know?  Now, am I big Lorde fan?  No.  Do I like the free song?  Eh.  It's ok.  I see what she's going for.  I don't think she nailed it, but it's not terrible or anything.  And it's FUCKING FREE!
Nice.  Got it.  I'm no huge Lorde fan, but it's still a good song.  Good for her.  Good for Apple.
Oh god.  Here we go again. :(
 True enough.  I can't argue with that.
 Solips posted the video, so no explanation really needed. But I've been watching football -- especially college football -- for over 35 years, and that was one of, if not THE, most amazing wins I've ever seen.  And as you can imagine, both being in Alabama, Auburn and Alabama are sort of rivals. :)  Not to mention that this was basically a determination of who would play in the National Championship game. So, yeah.  Kinda Huge. :)
Tim's such a cool guy.  Excellent speech.   The "extra 1 second" comment made me laugh out loud, too. :)
 I've owned an iPhone, an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4S, an iPhone 5, and now own an iPhone 5S.  So, sorry to burst your bubble on that one. In the past couple of years I haven't been using my phone nearly as much as I used to.  I rarely need to charge it every day. 
 Please explain to me how, with incredible sales of the 5S and 5C -- both high margin products -- in markets like the US, Japan, and others how Apple profits will be down?  The iPad Air and rMini?  In Japan, for instance, which I think we can agree is a rather large electronics market, over the first month the Air and rMini accounted for 6 of the top 10 spots in the tablet market.  Here in the US, the Air and the rMini are the best selling tablets. Apple is expected to...