or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I'm trying to imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Apple did that, and I am finding my imagination lacking in this case. :)
 The post to which I originally responded was removed, along with my response.  
Not sure why my post was removed, as there was nothing wrong with it, IMO.  I'll try again.   One can dislike the PM's policies and his government and think him a very flawed person without being an anti-Semite.  One doesn't follow from the other.
Took me like 10 minutes to remember what username used.  Oh well.  No big deal.   It did remind me how behind I am on comics, though.  I foresee a long day at the coffee shop, many lattes, and some serious Wonder Woman action.
 No, I meant exactly what I said.
 Oh, they definitely do.  But nowhere near the amount of care is put into them.
 The stitching is always off.  But you have to be fairly familiar with that sort of thing, I'll grant you.
 True.  But knockoff bags and jewelry are only "stylish" from a distance.  Once you're within a few feet, a knockoff Birkin, for instance, looks exactly like that: a knockoff.
It's a statement as to how ugly the others have been that this is considered even remotely "stylish." Scary.
 But I don't think that we're understanding each other. My argument isn't that Google didn't improve search.  They did.  I don't think that's up for debate.  My argument is that nearly 100% of Google's business is advertising.  That's what they do.  That's why they exist.  Take that away, and they disappear.  Thus, they are an advertising company. Why is anyone even questioning this? Apple, otoh, is a hardware company.  Apple is an actual tech company.  Take away the...