or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Jeez.  I'm sorry it took so long to respond to this horrible event.   This makes me very sad, as I too very much looked forward to his contributions.  It's a real shame when someone leaves us at his age.  As much of a loss as he will be to this forum and to all of our experience here, I feel for his family and friends.   Best travels, man.  
Well, I definitely used some apps -- actually mostly Safari, looking some things up on Wikipedia -- more this Thanksgiving, as I forgot my phone at home last year. :)
 First, let me say welcome, as bittersweet as it may be in this case. Second, let me assure you that you are hardly the only appalled.  Really, I would suggest avoiding the political threads.  On any forum, no matter the subject (tech, comics, games, even fashion) you will always find some people who are just wired to think like Dick Cheney.  There's no way away around it. Third, I hope this thread won't run you off completely.  This is generally a pretty great place, I've...
 Actually, what the Soviets practiced had as much in common with communism as I have in common with Kanye West. Just so there's no confusion, that is not a lot.
 1. His argument wasn't specious. 2. Yes, it could be used to justify an uprising in the US.  And let me say this: As broken as our system is -- I think a good analogy is it's like a notebook dropped from a second floor balcony; it will turn on, but that's it; it's ceased to actually work as a computer -- as broken as it is, I don't support the idea of revolution.  First, it would stand absolutely 0% of working, given the size and breadth of the US military.  Second, I'm...
 I would assume that it's total machines, whether upgraded or pre-installed. However, I don't remember that Windows article, but the adoption rate for Mavericks vs. Windows 8.1 is actually in Mavericks favor, from all the articles I can find.  Now, granted, Mavericks has a bit of an advantage given that it was free to anyone with a Mac that could run it, while Win 8.1 was only free to those who had purchased Win 8. That being said, if you want a scary statistic concerning...
 I can think of numerous situations where killers are not murderers. Murder is a specific legal term.  Here in the U.S. it typically means UNLAWFUL killing (as opposed to something like self-defense or war) with malice aforethought.  That's part of what distinguished murder from manslaughter, for example.  Then there are things like vehicular manslaughter, negligent homicide, and the like. On top of that, you have plenty of situations where killing isn't murder because it...
 They don't sell because they are priced WAY out of the market.  For what you're getting, it's simply not a good investment -- regardless of how one feels about RT or the actual hardware. I mean, I might consider paying $40k for a Mercedes (if I drove anymore, that is :) ).  But if you are asking me to pay $40k for a Ford Focus (well, the Electric version is about $40k -- but ...) then my answer is "NO way." Also, I think that part of the problem with *some* users may be...
 "I will not seek, nor will I accept the nomination ..." is absolutely standard political language.  There's nothing under the hood going on.  It's just the language of politics, and it means exactly what it says.
Good move Apple.  The sheer number of people that Mandela help to free from an ugly and brutal regime, not to mention the number of people all over the world that his life has inspired makes this a very classy and understanding move by Apple.