or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Neither of those examples are even close to cheating. A-Rod is a cheater, since there are precise, well-written rules against doing what he did.  I'm not aware of any rules concerning taking beta blockers or Adderall (though the Adderall, if without a prescription, is a different problem -- of course, getting a scrip for Adderall is practically a non-event these days).  Those aren't cheating because there are no sets of rules concerning those activities.
 As has been pointed out, Apple designs the Ax series of chips.  Samsung only fabs the chips because TSMC doesn't -- yet -- have their act together, quite.  Everything I've read recently seems to indicate that Apple will be moving to TSMC when possible. And the "ridiculous lawsuits" go both ways.  Research it.  It's not a one-way street, by any stretch of the imagination.
 Apple has GREAT marketing.  They do.  But they don't need to spend gazillions on it.  They do it right, and thus it works.   But more to the point, Apple makes quality, premium products and has a thriving ecosystem which supports those products.  As we all know, Apple doesn't produce many different products at all, and they only compete in a small segment of the market.  Apple can, thus, keep their focus quite narrow -- instead of throwing anything and everything against...
 I know, I'm sure you're right.  I just couldn't resist, even if it's bad for my heart. :)
 LOL :) Yeah.  Apple will adopt mobile Flash, what?  6-8 months after even Adobe announced they are ceasing support for it?  Are you serious?  I mean, really, where do get these ideas?  You're like the Glenn Beck of Apple theories.  Not angry at all.  Actually, I was laughing.  And I notice that you didn't respond to what I actually said.  Just to make it clear, in bullet point format: Retail Stores, FY 2013 -- $4.5bn in revenue-- $10.9m in revenue per store-- 18.5k...
 WTF are you talking about?!  From the Q4 report:  Seriously, if you EVER have ANYTHING to do with running any publicaly traded company, PLEASE let me know.  I really, really don't want any of that stock.
 Yeah, I use Reminders, though not as much as you do.  And I've noticed some flakiness, too, though it seems to work pretty well most of the time. Personally, I think that Clock/Alarm/Reminders/Calendar need to be synced together a bit more well.
 Oh, btw: These are change-able in Settings.   PS: One thing that DOES bother me, and I don't understand (just me being dumb, I'm sure), is when I'm involved in Safari (say), and I click on Settings, do some stuff, and Quit -- all of a sudden it slashes me over to iTunes (which I have set fullscreen in a different Space).  What is that about?  Do I have something set incorrectly in the Settings?  It's weird.  It should set me back to Safari, no?
 Eh.  Don't worry about it. :)  Huh.  I wonder if it's a difference in HW thing?
 See, this is why I ask. With the exception of the aforementioned TimeMachine problem I am having and can't seem to fix, Mavericks runs smooth as silk for me, and even fixed a few problems I was having in ML (w/ Mail, for instance). So it's always interesting to hear what others' experiences are. I will say this, though: There are certain problems I'm unlikely to face, maybe, as opposed to you.  I have a Fusion Drive, for example, and applications pretty much open...