or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I'm probably not your normal consumer -- who are we kidding, I'm definitely not :) -- But I have every single box that every single Apple product has ever come in.  This includes everything from rechargeable batteries to 27" iMacs, and everything in between. I may have some issues. :)
That Dark Sky app looks great.  Granted, I won't be able to try it out until June when my Watch arrives. :(  
Holy crap!  Seriously?!  288 pages.  Wow. :)
You people really make me laugh.  Oh well.
So, I'm still waiting until June. Oh well.
It absolutely guarantees that you'll get what you want ... or it guarantees that not only won't you get funding the next election cycle, but your opponent will. The Corporations spent approximately $3B lobbying last year.  Do you think they just gave that away out of the goodness of their hearts?  Or those expenditures were for "education?"  Oh, by the way: Corporations spend more money lobbying Congress than the US people spend funding Congress.
No, no, that's exactly what it is.  There's absolutely no question about it. There may be a lot of issues up for debate in our system here in the US.  This, however is not one of them.  It's a clear quid-pro-quo for money.
I honestly wonder how many people have seen The Hidden Fortress.  
Oh, and Lucas' argument that they were "always children's stories" is not only BS, but it is DEMONSTRABLY BS, unless anyone here thinks of The Hidden Fortress as a purely children's film.  Sure, it's fun.  But I don't believe that Kurosawa made it aimed at children.
It's PARTIALLY a generational thing.  But The Phantom Menace was a a decidedly BAD film.  Separate it from the franchise, from whatever, I don't care.  It doesn't work as cinema. But, to some degree, you're right in that I just don't care about these characters anymore.  When I waited for hours and hours and hours to see the first Star Wars, when I went back, ELEVEN TIMES, to see it in the theater, when it was the single most important thing to my friends and me, yeah ......