or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Oh, and Lucas' argument that they were "always children's stories" is not only BS, but it is DEMONSTRABLY BS, unless anyone here thinks of The Hidden Fortress as a purely children's film.  Sure, it's fun.  But I don't believe that Kurosawa made it aimed at children.
It's PARTIALLY a generational thing.  But The Phantom Menace was a a decidedly BAD film.  Separate it from the franchise, from whatever, I don't care.  It doesn't work as cinema. But, to some degree, you're right in that I just don't care about these characters anymore.  When I waited for hours and hours and hours to see the first Star Wars, when I went back, ELEVEN TIMES, to see it in the theater, when it was the single most important thing to my friends and me, yeah ......
I haven't commented on that because I couldn't be less interested in a subject if I tried.  Ever since The Phantom Menace, the Star Wars franchise has been about as interesting to me as ... I don't know.  As something very un-interesting. :)
I don't find the fashion world mind-numbingly vapid in the least; or, at least, no more or less than any other endeavor.  Take film for instance.  Last year, in the US alone, over 1,000 films were released which had some perceptible gross.  Now, without having seen the vast, vast majority of those, I can tell you this:  About 80% were utterly forgettable.  About 10% were memorable to one degree or another.  About 7% were films that people will still talk about a decade...
You sound like a very jealous, very troubled person. And you really need to learn how this business works.  
No one said anything would be illegal.  Or that you don't have the right to say what you want. Just like it's not illegal for me to say that I wouldn't help pull you out of a ditch if your life depended on it.
You sound like a real class act.  
You completely don't understand how fashion and advertising work, do you?
Yeah, because someone like Katy Perry or J.J. Abrams can't afford to buy one for themselves.   Just to put these sorts of things into perspective, Taylor Swift made $66M last year alone.  Gisele made $45M.  If you think people like that need free stuff, you're living in a fantasy land.
 All people are NOT equal.  Never have been, never will be.