or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Don't engage the trolls.  What is the point?  Let them hash it out amongst themselves.   Anyways, back to the actual point of the article.  Good for her.  Congrats!   As someone who follows fashion to a certain degree, she has proven her abilities.  Whatever one thinks of Burberry (some love it, some hate it -- very few are in the middle), she's done a very good job managing the brand.  To anyone who is remotely aware of fashion, say "Burberry" and that person knows...
 Preferring something is not being tied down. I prefer DC Comics to Marvel.  I have way more DC comics and trades and Absolute Editions and what have you than I do Marvel.  If I chose to switch to Marvel, I would.  It would take me a while to learn the histories and whatnot.  But I don't switch because I prefer Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, etc. to the characters that Marvel offers (for the most part). Like I said, if saw a reason to switch to...
 It's interesting to me that you interpreted what I said as my being "tied down." I'm not "tied down" by any means.  If I wanted an Android phone, say a Samsung GS4 or whatever, I would go out tomorrow and buy one.  I don't want one, though.  And a big part of the reason why I don't want an Android phone is because I don't TRUST Android.  I've been using iOS, in one iteration or another, since 2007 and the original iPhone.  In that time, I've had 8 different iPhones/iPads....
 +1 Couldn't agree more.
 I noticed that, too. OTOH, he could have been reading this site for years before joining.  If we want to give him the benefit of the doubt. :)
 However, there are only two companies on Planet Earth making any profits from selling smartphones, and those two are obviously Apple and Samsung.  Everyone else -- EVERYONE -- is losing money. Now, for a company like Google, they don't really give a $#%@, since HW isn't their business anyways.  And for someone like LG, it doesn't really matter, since they make most of their money with other stuff.   But you look at someone like RIM ... ouch.  And HTC?  Moto had to be...
 But a lot more goes into it than just what you dish out of pocket at at buy time.  At least for me. For instance, there's essentially no way I would ever abandon the iOS ecosystem at this point.  Not only do I have thousands of dollars invested in it over the years, but I'm completely familiar with it, it is like an old friend -- an old friend I trust. Also, here in the US where we have subsidized prices, I don't really have to pay (out of pocket) for a new iPhone....
 Makes sense to me.
 Has anyone come out with any actual NUMBERS on PROFITS concerning sales to these "developing markets?"  I mean real, hard numbers?  Like, we made $x Billion in profits in India last year?
 Yeah, it hasn't been an issue since the updates.