or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Market share is pretty irrelevant, since it doesn't measure SALES.  I don't understand how you could not grasp this, but apparently you don't.   And traffic matters because of advertising.  
  First, I'll address market share, the same way I always do: It's fairly meaningless.  McDonald's has a huge market share.  That doesn't mean that their "food" is any less abhorrent.  Also, market share is not really indicative of much, as there may be more phones running Android, but if you look at traffic, iOS is being used more.   Second, as to margins going down last quarter, that's obvious why.  And since they sold a record number of iPhones, I would find it...
  There isn't a single statement in that entire post which is even remotely close to being true.   But if it makes you feel better, go for it, I guess.
  Hmm, I've tried both and I haven't noticed that much difference.  OTOH, I would think that it depends on what your'e searching for, probably.
  OK, maybe I'm missing something here.  But what's wrong with Bing?  It seems to me that the different engines do things slightly differently, sure, but the fact of the matter remains: If you type "How do I make a pot roast?" into any of them, you'll more than likely get a decent set of results.   A search engine is a search engine, from what I can tell.
This looks pretty cool.   I haven't been traveling much lately, so I'm not sure that it would hold much value for me right now.  But were that to change, I would seriously consider this.
  Well, from the article, he didn't "give" his daughter the password.  She saw him enter it, and then did so on her own (which means, to me, that she's either a bright kid, or his PW is something like "1234" or something, but anyways ... ).
  Sorry.  I'm tired. :)   I do not feel it's a poor compromise, but different strokes, and all that.
  The main difference is that the way apps interact with resolution on an iOS device is different than the way applications interact with resolution on an OSX device.   Also On an iOS device, the app is the only thing on the screen, and elements need to be designed for a touch interface.  On an OSX device, the number of applications visible -- and thus able to be interacted with -- can be a very large number.  For instance, on the my desktop #4 on my iMac 27", the one I...
  Having TWO different sizes in a desktop/laptop machine is a very, very different prospect than introducing differently sized iPads.  Obviously.   And the point isn't that there should only be one size iPad.  The point is how far do you want to go?  A 13" iPad would sell ... to niche users, with obscure use case needs.  When has that been Apple's approach?   Apple staying focused on a handful -- ok, a couple of handfuls -- of products is one of the reasons why I believe...