or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I believe it because it's true.  I wasn't being abusive in the slightest.  I was calling you out for writing a bunch of nonsense that was implying all sorts of absurdity and then pretending as if you knew what the hell you were talking about.
If you think that my calling your comment BS is abuse, then you have a seriously low tolerance.  Believe me, if I were "abusing" you then you'd be quite aware of it.
I'm sorry but it's clear that you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.  Here, this Kindle e-textbook is totally free: http://www.amazon.com/CK-12-Probability-Statistics-Advanced-Second-ebook/dp/B007W4K3V8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1428135052&sr=8-14&keywords=statistics
So, straight people CHOOSE to be straight? Because I sure as hell never made that choice.
What "cover?"  My position in all of these threads has been exactly the same since Day One.  What are you insinuating?  My desire to hide under "cover" of any kind, at any time in my life (that I can remember), adds up to zero.
I don't know if you have ever studied mathematics of any kind, let alone statistics, but you don't have to poll 150M people to get an accurate result.  That simply is not how statistics works.  And I can't find the poll concerning the Soviet Union right now, but I can assure you that what I stated is true.  I wrote a paper on it, in fact. Here's a nice one that is fairly On-Topic:  You just have to love the public.
I'm sorry, but that's just total BS from start to finish. That entire post is like where someone says something such as, "Look, I'm not a racist, but ...." ETA: Oh, and:  How in Hera's name is that different than ANY young couple adopting a kid?  Jeez.  I just cannot believe the crap in this thread.
Who cares about "the eyes of many?"  Something like 25% of Americans believe that aliens have visited Earth.  More than half of Americans believed in a poll taken admittedly many years ago that the US fought AGAINST the Soviet Union in WWII. What people believe couldn't be less relevant.  The populace, in general, is ignorant and none to bright to begin with.  I forget where I saw it, and I can't find it right now, but a horrifyingly large percentage of Americans believe...
I could find 100 people in the next 10 minutes (well, OK, it's 2AM -- but during the day) who would say the exact same thing about interracial couples adopting children -- were they being truly honest.  I am absolutely positive that there are large numbers of people in this country who feel that a Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, or Buddhist couple also shouldn't adopt children. I don't see how anything is relevant other than whether or not the parents love the child, are...
 I draw the line where it obviously should be drawn.  I don't see how anyone (a sane person, anyways) could think that it's OK to discriminate against people based on sexual identity but not on religious grounds, or on race, or because of gender, etc. Many don't.  I'll find the article later.