or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

I could find 100 people in the next 10 minutes (well, OK, it's 2AM -- but during the day) who would say the exact same thing about interracial couples adopting children -- were they being truly honest.  I am absolutely positive that there are large numbers of people in this country who feel that a Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, or Buddhist couple also shouldn't adopt children. I don't see how anything is relevant other than whether or not the parents love the child, are...
 I draw the line where it obviously should be drawn.  I don't see how anyone (a sane person, anyways) could think that it's OK to discriminate against people based on sexual identity but not on religious grounds, or on race, or because of gender, etc. Many don't.  I'll find the article later.
While that is true, it is against Federal executive orders and many regulations to deny LGBT rights in various situations.  So, it's more complicated than you're making it out to be.
So, someone who won't serve Jews is just fine with you, then?
Remember that a good deal of cable providers offer ONLY Fox News with the basic package.  I have two relatives who are in that situation.
These threads, and the people making some of these comments are simply leading me back to two of my favorite quote by Rust in "True Detective."   I knew that I understood him better than I've understood probably any character in fiction ever.  And these threads have just proven to me why.
*headdesk*
I was attempting to explain that the majority of the population and the majority of states are two different things.  Anyways, it's irrelevant: 
The majority of people in the US live in a tiny minority of states. To put it in simple terms, there are 538 electoral votes (435 Reps + 100 Sens + 3 for DC).  CA, NY, FL, PA and TX account for 171 of those 538, or  about 32%.  So, out of 50 states and the District, 5 states account for nearly a third of the Electoral College.   CA alone is 55.  The smallest 15 states combined add up to 56 -- and they are each getting 2 for the Senate.  Based solely on population (House),...
The average age of a Fox News viewer is well over 60 years old.  All you need to do is look at their advertising. And ratings amongst cable news networks is like ranking which of the people in this thread has the best chance to date a Victoria's Secret Angel.  I mean, yeah, one of us might actually have a higher chance than everyone else in the thread.  But does having the highest chance at 0.0000000001% really mean anything?