or Connect

Posts by AaronJ

Come on, that was a different time, there were totally different economics involved, and most importantly they weren't following those in a race to the bottom with the iMac, they were creating a whole new "gestalt."   Now, it would just be, "Well Samsung, HTC, Pantech, and a bunch of other Android companies are making cheap, plastic phones, so why don't we?"   The situations couldn't be more different.
        Sexist, really?  And I would love to see where you saw these stats that they were "the big item."  I follow fashion nearly religiously.  You may think it's sad that I know a Marchesa dress on the red carpet before the actress is even asked about it, fine.  But I haven't seen a single article about how purple or yellow or pink or whatever *men's* pants were "the big item" this season.   I also haven't seen a single person wearing anything like that.  But that's...
  Yes, because someone who can't buy a real iPhone because her allowance isn't high enough is really going to be spending a TON of cash on music and movies and apps.   Your typical album in iTunes is what?  About $11?  Your typical HD movie rental is $5.  And sure, there are lots of free and cheaper apps.   Sorry, but this move has NEVER made sense to me.  A lower margin product, aimed at people with little money, so that they'll ... what?  Buy a $2,700 27" iMac the next...
Well, I can't possibly believe that these are real.  If they are, you have to be kidding me.   Then again, I've been against the entire idea of a "cheap" iPhone since the beginning.  If it comes out looking anything like some of the stuff we've seen, I am saying good-bye to my AAPL stock that day.  Plastic crap should be left to Android.
  Good point.  I didn't even think of that.   Give me a break, I'm only on my first vodka of the day. :)
Well, I have an iPad 3, so I've been waiting for this for a while.  I will definitely be upgrading.   I too think it would be cool if the logo were lit up.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  Market share is pretty irrelevant, since it doesn't measure SALES.  I don't understand how you could not grasp this, but apparently you don't.   And traffic matters because of advertising.  
  First, I'll address market share, the same way I always do: It's fairly meaningless.  McDonald's has a huge market share.  That doesn't mean that their "food" is any less abhorrent.  Also, market share is not really indicative of much, as there may be more phones running Android, but if you look at traffic, iOS is being used more.   Second, as to margins going down last quarter, that's obvious why.  And since they sold a record number of iPhones, I would find it...
  There isn't a single statement in that entire post which is even remotely close to being true.   But if it makes you feel better, go for it, I guess.
  Hmm, I've tried both and I haven't noticed that much difference.  OTOH, I would think that it depends on what your'e searching for, probably.